CHECK YOUR BALLS.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JOINTS that is....

I just get my Type r Swap into my 96 CX done.....
I almost get on in...(If you can even call like 4 grand and each gear geting on it) B) ....(100 miles of this 4 grand or less stuff to make sure its broken in right)....... I shift into 5th and Booooom!!!!

My driver side balljoint separates at 70 mph...... Some tiremarks and one flat mailbox later my car is in the ditch by the highway....

I pulled it home today via a ski rope and a suburban....

The ball joint came compeletly out of the lower arm and the castle nut was gone and the cotter pin was gone too..!!
The wheel turned sideways and broke my new half-shaft and bent the shit out of my fender... The mailbox pole chipped my paint off my front bumper broke my headlight mounts and dented and scraped my hood and scratched my windshield and the top of my car.... (man that mailbox went flying over my when I hit it at like 70....) <_< :( :angry:

LESSON..... BALLJOINTS = important ... check yours out... mine had almost 118,000 miles on them THEY probably should be changed out a less than 100k ...

da da da....
feel your BALLS joints..
touch your BALLS joints...
Love your BALLS joints...
So your car doesn't get CANCER i mean get fubared..

pics of this bs will be up with the pics of my swap...Someday when I get around to it...

so did the joint itself come apart? or did you lose the nut and it pulled out of the control arm?

yes, that is why they have a cotter pin there ;) ball joint was ok, you just needed to put the cotterpin in.

that sucks. that also happened to my buddys crx but he was only going 35-40 and it pushed the tire back into the fender.

p.s. where do you live because i have never seen a mailbox on the highway?

Originally posted by sireg@Jul 27 2004, 07:04 PM
p.s. where do you live because i have never seen a mailbox on the highway?
[post=368922]Quoted post[/post]​

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe a STATE highway, like rte 6

The cotter pin was still in the end of the ball joint.... somehow the cut came off leaving the pin still there... I dont see how its possible.... IM god's personal joke with this car and my ITR swap. everything has gone wrong... one thing after another...

yep state highway 77 of KS...
Mailbox is bent and the steel pole is in three pieces... His newspaper box I found it stuck under my oil pan about 100 feet from where it was standing.

IM god's personal joke with this car and my ITR swap. everything has gone wrong... one thing after another...

1. won't start.......... FIXED :D
2. won't charge.... FIXED :D
3. Ball joint defies physics and messes up my car .... NOT FIXED YET :angry:
4. whats next.... ???$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

sucks man.......

now I will always check the balljoint out.......inspect atleast..

So did you tell the guy about his mailbox, or is he going to go for the mail one day and see the devastation? :lol:

i had the same thing happen, unfortunatley for me i wasnt close enough to get a free tow home. also mine was my own fault, i forgot the cotter pin :(

I told him about his mailbox he didn't care ....

he saw the super long tiremark on the highway and how far my car went off road and how banged up my car was (and his mailbox ) and was happy to see that I was fine...

Where I live out in the country in KS .. mailboxes are easy targets for dunken country rednecks to plow into on there way home from the bars...

My mailbox got hit last year but it is sitting on top of a 100 year old Hedge wood post that is about 8" thick and was 3 foot into the ground.... IT didn't move at all when he hit it and it stopped his car in its tracks and made a HUGE dent in it... Hedge wood is like concrete... :D

just went out and put my cotter pins in after hearing this....

Ever since I started towing hondas left and right with broken ball-joints, i've been so anxious. After my swap I hardly ever take a fast turn in my hatchy. :ph34r:

Back