1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check Your CAT!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by I<3myhonda, Jun 22, 2011.

1. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

hello fellow tuners, i would just like to share a lil info to maybe help someone out. i have just bought me a 91 civic hatchback, (the only older model i havnt built, example:eg,ek,eg) anyways i just bought it and i was having issues, no power when car was underload, o2 cel after 3 different o2 sensors, it had no power, wouldnt go over 60mph only if i really really pushed it. searched EVERYWHERE to find help. i replaced fuel filter,ecu, o2 sensor,.... come to find out my cat was clogged!:ph34r: i have never had this problem and never thought it could effect the performance as much as it did, but yupper it does!:eek: so if anyone is having about the same issue it would be a good idea to check it out. hopefully this helps.
    goodluck and happy building!!:D

2. RHDism

RHDism Right Hand Drive guru

hmm..a little overkill on back pressure ... lol

How long did you run your engine like that? It could easily lead to more problems. :eek:

3. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Let me guess you punched the cat out? You must have felt a good gain from clogged to hallowed out.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted