Checksum??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

hey guys, its beginning to get warmer out and the turbo is all done, that means TUNING is ahead, i got my Xenocron Kit and my Wideband etc etc . i just keep reading different articles to see whats instore for the road ahead. but i keep reading about dissabling "checksum". i couldnt find an explanation for what it is. but the name keeps popping up, can anyone explain what this is, and what its purpose is and how i disable it, if i need to ? thanx guys!

Paul

its a part of crome. Basically, like most things you can DL off sourceforge theres a hash function (md5) that looks like 5fdxdfsdff43f42f34 or some shit. basically, it's added to the bin upon creation--- but if its written onto the chip, it won't work.

so after you open up a new bin, simply remove it. its on the tools menu i thnk in crome.

thanx Brian
ok so i just gotta worry about it when burning chips? not with the ostrich? should i just always have it disabled no matter what?

yes, you need to remove the check sum before publishing it down to either a chip or the romulator.

Back