chevy does something right...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B, you got me so scared. I was expecting you to be touting the virtues of the new Cobalt or something.

Silly me for thinking they actually did something right with their cars.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Aug 25 2004, 02:00 PM
and minus 10000 for still using leaf springs and pushrods...
[post=381611]Quoted post[/post]​

On what? Their trucks? They're fucking TRUCKS, you assface, not fucking race cars!

Loco, I think the C6 has transverse leaf springs in the rear suspension. I do like the new Corvette though. The new headlamps remind me of the Modena. For the money, it is one of the best performing sports cars.

ya chev has on of the nicest trucks out there and they made the best car ever
the belair and a push rod v8 is used by nascar so they must work ok

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Aug 25 2004, 09:39 PM-->
NissanNiNjA2nd
@Aug 25 2004, 02:00 PM

On what? Their trucks? They're fucking TRUCKS, you assface, not fucking race cars!
[post=381856]Quoted post[/post]​

again... as stated in another thread.... the C6 WHICH IS A RACE PREPED CAR Is equiped with four-wheel independent: includes transverse fiberglass leaf springs..... k? and the only reason nascar is still using them is that they have so much time and money ivested into those motors that changing anything would cost millions... that and its kind of in the rules you have to have one....

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Aug 26 2004, 01:12 AM
again... as stated in another thread.... the C6 WHICH IS A RACE PREPED CAR Is equiped with four-wheel independent: includes transverse fiberglass leaf springs..... k? and the only reason nascar is still using them is that they have so much time and money ivested into those motors that changing anything would cost millions... that and its kind of in the rules you have to have one....
[post=382010]Quoted post[/post]​

Sooo... what exactly is your point? The 3200 lb race prepped C6 has been measured at pulling .98 on the skippad & runs the quarter at 12.7... leafsprings and pushrods or not... thats good enough to take any car you have. I take it you're british and you've watched the Top Gear review one too many times?

btw... B what were you doing on chevy dot com? isn't that like against your religion or something? :)

Hey, now. My truck reuns pretty damn good. :p

Inline 5 cylinder, 187 at the wheels, bone stock. I'm pleased! :)

yeah I'd have to say Chevy has done something right.
I've got an 88' 1500 C-series with 156,000+ on there 4.3ltr v6
and not a fucking problem ever. I also had an 81 Camaro 250K mileson the original motor with a 305 that burnt and leaked 9 quarts of oil every week , we tried to kill that motor and you just can't kill a 305. I also had an 87 Beretta w/200K on it, only reason I sold it is because I bought the CRX.

It's ford that really blows donkey balls

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Aug 25 2004, 02:00 PM

Hmmm seems to work fine if you ask me...Pushrod V8 is the longest running engine in the market......imports change there technology, what...every 3 months or something.....

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Aug 26 2004, 06:21 AM-->
NissanNiNjA2nd
imports change there technology, what...every 3 months or something.....
[post=382078]Quoted post[/post]​

It's usually called "Research and Development" and/or "Progress". :lol:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 26 2004, 10:19 AM-->
Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 26 2004, 06:21 AM
NissanNiNjA2nd
imports change there technology, what...every 3 months or something.....
[post=382078]Quoted post[/post]​

It's usually called "Research and Development" and/or "Progress". :lol:
[post=382116]Quoted post[/post]​

Jsut cause its newer, doesn't mean its better...I.E. windows millenium.....If its not broke, then don't fix it.....

Back