chevy does something right...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 26 2004, 08:25 AM
Jsut cause its newer, doesn't mean its better...I.E. windows millenium.....If its not broke, then don't fix it.....
[post=382118]Quoted post[/post]​

It's not an issue of being broken, it's the desire to make things better. If it didn't happen, we'd still be driving hand-cranked bicycled-wheeled Model T's.

I stand by my statement.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 26 2004, 10:49 AM

It's not an issue of being broken, it's the desire to make things better. If it didn't happen, we'd still be driving hand-cranked bicycled-wheeled Model T's.

I stand by my statement.
[post=382122]Quoted post[/post]​

That statement is only half true....there are potentially downsides to advancements...while maybe making "that" particular product "better" it might be harming somethng else.....Cars are a great example of technology possibly gone bad...poluting the air...constant fights over oil...car accidents.theft.induced lazyness..etc......I'm not saying i really give two shits about any of that..but those are outcomes...

Who knows, maybe we would have been better off without the "Car".....

im going to buy you a t-shirt that says,
save a horse, ride a cowboy

or something....

or change it into

save the air, ride a horse

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 26 2004, 12:56 PM
Change is inevitable yes....but my point is, its now ALWAYS for the better
[post=382168]Quoted post[/post]​

I think you meant NOT always for the better... anyway, I agree to some extent.

don't forget the low cost of a chev 350 500 bucks and you can have a fully rebiult motor! and cheap power and simple power. ! as for leaf springs the work for what they are desinged to do. You show me a wheeling truck that does good and has any goos sized tires with ifs or irs. Not one except for 100000 dollar rigs that are race trucks. If you look at the new cadilac 650hp qohc motor as an example they work but the cost is in import teritory.

My silverado is my third Chevy. I haven't had any problems with it so far. 16-20 mpg depending on driving habits, for a 323 ci v8, you can't complain there. My s10 zr2 only had a problem with a burnt out switch, it had good power but with the 31 inch tires I only got 14mpg. My 95 blazer only had a problem with the transmission leaking a little after 114k. I got over 20 mpg with that suv. Chevy's really aren't that bad, but they can occassionally have some build quality issues.

I loved my old civic and my crx before I hydrolocked the motor, but I don't know if I would buy another Honda. After daily driving a v8 everyday I have gotten used to having power down low and having torque. Its nice not having to go over 4k rpm to get the car moving. I do wish my truck had the handling of the crx.

Back