Chevy II Nova

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Okay, well i made reference to going through a drive through backwards in another thread (about the kid who wanted a RHD ITR) and now i guess im going to have to explain. Now that ive thought about...this isnt too long of a story either.

We rebuilt the engine and transmission on this kids car, but we some how fucked up the shift linkage. Instead of the normal H gear layout, his layout was:

23R

but thats all fixed now....after an interesting weekend.

So we test drive this kids car and it seems alright while we are on residential roads, so we take it out on the highway for about 30 miles, and then come back (with an empty gas tank). We fill up at the gas station, and for some reason before he started up the car the kid pulls the car out of gear and into neutral without using the clutch. I hear this strange PING!!! and i look under the car...the shift linkage is kinda hangin down, but not touching the ground. Somehow another friend of mine got us into a gear....but it was reverse. We were like 2 miles from the house, so we decided to put on hazards and reverse it home...but not before hitting mickey dees. Needless to say there was some interesting attention and a totally freaked out drive through girl. The moral of this story is...RHD sucks because of drive throughs, and when you break your shift linkage...get a tow truck...even if it is only 2 miles.

No, I think he was talking about going through the drive through in reverse :p

yeah, we were stuck in reverse...it was kinda funny to look back on, but hella dangerous...thank god no cops went by.

and a toyota nova? r u talkin about the Celica Supra?

haha I was hoping that story woulda been a little funnier, but that would have been hilarious pulling into the drivethru behind you.

well when i say kid i mean 16...im only 19, but we're still pretty crazy...we only did a 180 once...and that was pulling out onto the street

Quoted post[/post]]
they originally made right hand drive impalas also...

Thats just blasphemy...

We used to go through backwards all the time in high school, for a lack of anything better to do. I still drive backwards through those drive-through ATM machines pretty often because I have clients in the car who need to get me some money. Instead of me taking their card and getting their pin number, etc.. thats too awkward and too much work. Drive through backwards and let them do their thing. As a bonus, If the money isn't in the bank and they were lying, they can't get out that door. I slap the jewelry on em and haul em back to jail.

uhh, clients? What do you do, bail bonds?

just makin sure...the only other believable reason for that is being a loan shark

and then he breaks their legs...doesnt take em to jail.

Quoted post[/post]]
just makin sure...the only other believable reason for that is being a loan shark

and then he breaks their legs...doesnt take em to jail.

Who says they don't accidentally break their legs when the get out of the car.. Its hard walking in chains. :ph34r:

Naa, I've never broken any legs...

:ph34r:

Back