Chicago racism fial

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The ruling stems from a test given in 1995 that was intended to measure an aptitude for firefighting. After the test, anyone who scored 64 or below was deemed not qualified, but officials told those who scored above that number that while they passed, they would randomly hire the top 1,800 who scored 89 or better.
Because only 11 percent of the African Americans scored 89 or better, the overwhelming number of applicants hired from that test were white.

I dont think its wrong. If 1.1 out of every 100 firefighters was black then that would mean they are hiring 100% of black firefighter that could score an 89% on the aptitude test. would that make them racist? .... It is called standards. and you either meet them or you dont.

i was going to say somehting along the lines of what 90_ef_hatch has just said

its stupid. another prime example of somebody getting a job not because they were the most qualified, but because of their race.

It is called standards. and you either meet them or you dont.

motherfucking :werd:

if im stuck in a burning building, i want the guy who is a firefighter because its what he loves to do and he is damn good at it showing up... not the guy who got hired to meet a fucking affirmative action race quota

Because only 11 percent of the African Americans scored 89 or better, the overwhelming number of applicants hired from that test were white.

And?...your point is?...

But what about social justice! Obviously the blacks should be graded on a curve appropriate to their race!

*sarcasm*

What amazes me even more is the number of people that its okay to have some faceless entity telling them and everyone else that they are not worth as much as others. It used to be an insult to tell someone that.

If you lower standards for racial group A, its racist to leave them high for racial group B.

Eventually, group B will sue and the standards for their group will drop as well. Now you have overall lower standards and lower achievement.

But its racist to be group B and sue for equal rights, even though they have less rights.

The military is a good example of my above simulation.

Women in the military eventually lead to lower overall standards.

Back