chick i work with got in a bad accident

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
i guess either she or the car that hit or ran a stop sign... i'm not sure of the exact details... but she got t-boned pretty hard.

shes doing ok, but her hip is fractured- which means shes going to be laid up for a long time.

here's some pics....

car1.gif

car2.gif

car3.gif

car4.gif

car5.gif

car6.gif

car7.gif

car8.gif

car9.gif

judging by the rocker panel and the pics of the doors, the car held up pretty well, how fast was the other car going?

stiffneck = the collar thing that the EMT's use to hold your neck down. its obvious that they used the jaws of life of some sort to pull her out.

yes, her saab has side imapct air bags. appearerntly, they don't help too much- her hip is fractured.

just a co-worker i guess... i work with ehr all day and stuff, but we don't hang out outside of work. sometimes i think we're the only two sane ones in the entire IT dept :)

speed? i have no idea...

it looks like the other car had to haave run it. there's no way a car accelerating from a stop, only a few feet away can do that kind of damage..

oh def- someone ran the stop sign- i'm just not sure if it was her or the other driver.

looks like the whole structure got moved over about 8 inches between the wheels, i don't think any airbag would help that hip fracture...
that sucks royally, i hope she wasn't at fault...

sometimes i think we're the only two sane ones in the entire IT dept

*sniff* *sniff* i smell denial...

i just assumed that it was a 4 way stop.. iif it was, the other person had to. if it was a 2 way stop, it was her..

if all she got away with was a fractured hip i'd say those air bags did a great job lol.. that thing is tore up

:eek: from the looks of it, its lucky she made it out alive. that wreck looks horrible.

and Brian, you are sane?? :bo: thats a good one man. LOL. just messing with ya.

everyone thinks the top was tore off inthe wreck. Didnt you say they used the jaws of life, B? so they probaly just cut the top and the doors off.

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 1 2005, 11:49 AM
judging by the rocker panel and the pics of the doors, the car held up pretty well
[post=454446]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur: hope shes doing ok and she got some good medicine :thumbsup:

hey dude i just saw. damn that sucks. tell her we here at honda swap hope her the best of luck. right guys?

She look good?
I mean damn that sucks.

omg... that's how my mother in law died. she's lucky to be alive... man, tell her i hope she makes a speedy recovery... man....

if its any consulation... Our insured hit an 18 yr old head-on & it fx his pelvis. He was running an average of a 6 minute mile exactly 60 days later..

Now I'm not sure how fast he was BEFORE the wreck but as bad as it sounds, a fx pelvis can be mild..

his car looked worse than this one. his passenger (girlfriend) was banged up pretty bad but suffered no broken bones...

when the car takes the impact and crumples, that takes energy away from the occupants. As long as the impact doesn't get into the area where you sit, no matter how bad the outside and surrounding areas look, you can survive the crash.

The side a/b in this Saab probably kept her injuries to just the pelvis. Without them, she likely wouldn't have survived hitting her head against the window and her neck getting snapped in such an unusual direction. It's also good to see that the side impact triggered both front a/b.

Back