Chip my P28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolcharlie

im in Augusta, GA. i called all the computer/automobile places..no one will install a chip..does anyone know where or a place in augusta..or know someone that could install one..i already have the chip instructions and ecu..

I do ecu chipping, but is this some generic bull shit chip? Just had to ask because ebay sells alot of junk that will make your car run like shit and ruin the engine 9 times out of 10.

ecu

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: For USDM OBD1 ECUs (p28):
Underneath the ROM there is a row of resistors labelled with RP__ . Remove RP17 and install a jumper across RP18.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

HUH!!! when you start talking about circuit boards i have no clue..a jumper, is that just a little wire that i need to solder from RP17 to RP18??

Last edited:
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: For USDM OBD1 ECUs (p28):
Underneath the ROM there is a row of resistors labelled with RP__ . Remove RP17 and install a jumper across RP18.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

HUH!!! when you start talking about circuit boards i have no clue..a jumper, is that just a little wire that i need to solder from RP17 to RP18??

Yes.

just get a vafc..until u get a turbo or nitrous...in mah d16z6 i have i/h/e....and the VAFC works fine VTEC kick in around 4700 RPM...im just gona have it until i rebuild it and turbo it...then im run chrome in the P28....

unless you're doing cams, raising the compression, forced induction, etc, your basic mods like i/h/e don't warrant the need for any ecu tuning, as they really don't do anything to alter the need for air/fuel mixture any extent beyond the factory specs.

Back