Chip to reset rev limiter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the price of ther chip burner ($90-150) the price of the Zif socket and chip/s ($10-25) and the price of an OBD2 conversions harness ($80-150) you can burn chips for your car all day long with Uberdata. Your only problem would be finding some one to tune with it, and all you wold have to do if find some one who knows what there doing work with you on there side time, seeing as how shops are probably not going to support a program thats not licensed and all that. Basicly anyone who can read A/F ratio and set Fuel tables/maps.

The idea is you solder a zif socket into the ECU, then you have the chips that get inserted into the socket, so now you can swap chips without have to resolder and unsolder, aong with the benafit of a standlone EMS IE no piggy back method.

The hole despute about safc and vafc being a piggy back tuning device go back to the fact its an electronic device explaining to the ECU how It should work itself when really the ECU know how to work itself just its not set internaly to workth that way thus the SAFC. This way if you encounter problems etc. etc. you can trouble shoot with out having to think with a loop in your head or doubts about the engine management programing.

Thats a ruff explanation so please no flaming i was trying to brake mit down for him a little.

Ps. I know your likeing the way this thread took a turn slut :argue: :nutkick:

Originally posted by radnulb@Sep 23 2004, 05:05 PM
Integraslut, chipping an OBD2 ECU is far from trivial. The 66Q589 I speak of is the microcontroller responsible for running the car. Good luck finding one. They were only ever really made for Honda by Oki, so finding some on the open market is proving to be nearly impossible. There is a lot of work that remains to be done before chipping an OBD2 ECU and accomplishing something productive is even a possibility.
[post=394104]Quoted post[/post]​

Rad - So waht you are telling me is that the chips that are sold on ebay will not even work with my ECU correct? Can I get an older Integra LS ECU and chip that one or is that out of the question as well? Sorry to keep bugging you but I really want an extra 1000rpm, trust me when I say I appreciate everyones help.

Originally posted by integraslut78+Sep 23 2004, 08:25 PM-->
@Sep 23 2004, 05:05 PM
Integraslut, chipping an OBD2 ECU is far from trivial.  The 66Q589 I speak of is the microcontroller responsible for running the car.  Good luck finding one.  They were only ever really made for Honda by Oki, so finding some on the open market is proving to be nearly impossible.  There is a lot of work that remains to be done before chipping an OBD2 ECU and accomplishing something productive is even a possibility.

Rad - So waht you are telling me is that the chips that are sold on ebay will not even work with my ECU correct? Can I get an older Integra LS ECU and chip that one or is that out of the question as well? Sorry to keep bugging you but I really want an extra 1000rpm, trust me when I say I appreciate everyones help.
[post=394120]Quoted post[/post]​

Unless radnewbie knows something I don't, then you most definetly can use one of those chips off ebay.

You can't use one of those, and you really don't know much.... you can't use those chips in an OBD2 Honda.

Originally posted by integraslut78+Sep 23 2004, 06:25 PM-->
@Sep 23 2004, 05:05 PM
Integraslut, chipping an OBD2 ECU is far from trivial.  The 66Q589 I speak of is the microcontroller responsible for running the car.  Good luck finding one.  They were only ever really made for Honda by Oki, so finding some on the open market is proving to be nearly impossible.  There is a lot of work that remains to be done before chipping an OBD2 ECU and accomplishing something productive is even a possibility.

[post=394120]Quoted post[/post]​

What the hell can I do to raise my rev limiter?????????????????????
Do I really have to go get a Hondata?

You know....

Just coming into this conversation a little late, I have to agree with Radnub and HLR.

1- You're installing cams and all you want is a bit more RPM? Interesting.

2- "#3 If you are going to respond to posts then just answer peoples questions without adding in your two cents because obviously YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT"

Hmm, seems like you need to adhere to your own advice.

3- If you had even the slightest amount of brain power, you would get yourself a OBD2-1 harness, and program your own ecu.

Simple as that, but hey, it's your money and your education. If you don't want to learn from our mistakes, enjoy making them yourself. It's a learning experience.

I kinda of skimmed through this thread and I know this has been said...

UBERDATA!

Oh damn look at that, the time it took me to post I changed my rev limit 1000 rpms higher and then I changed it back, yay that was fun! :D

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Sep 25 2004, 06:44 PM
You know....

Just coming into this conversation a little late, I have to agree with Radnub and HLR.

1- You're installing cams and all you want is a bit more RPM? Interesting.

2- "#3 If you are going to respond to posts then just answer peoples questions without adding in your two cents because obviously YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT"

Hmm, seems like you need to adhere to your own advice.

3- If you had even the slightest amount of brain power, you would get yourself a OBD2-1 harness, and program your own ecu.

Simple as that, but hey, it's your money and your education. If you don't want to learn from our mistakes, enjoy making them yourself. It's a learning experience.
[post=394708]Quoted post[/post]​

All I asked was how to raise my rev limiter I have been listening to people that obviously do not know shit it is a simple question. I have no idea how to use this said Uberdata and if I go with it I need someone that understands it. Yes I want to raise my rev limiter to 8k because I have stage 2 cams and they make power at a higher RPM why is that interesting? Let me tell you this you just said what everyone else said you are the fucking dumbass do you know anything about video levels and chroma levels in TV and video I did not think so, so don't say I don't know anything and if your going to leave replies like this you can leave my fucking thread all I want is help and you are a fucking piece of shit talking out of your ass so you know what you can see your way out of my thread and kick rocks.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHH.

Welp, I'd say you're shit out of luck on this board... you successfully pissed off the 3 people that would have been willing to help you out had you and your friend not been a couple of fucking assholes... Hopefully someone slits both of your throats so this world doesn't have to deal with your miserable fucking existance...

Enjoy riding the turbo charged mini-bus... and don't forget your helmet... Retarded fuck...

BBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHH

Originally posted by HardLowrdRanger@Sep 27 2004, 02:29 PM
Welp, I'd say you're shit out of luck on this board... you successfully pissed off the 3 people that would have been willing to help you out had you and your friend not been a couple of fucking assholes... Hopefully someone slits both of your throats so this world doesn't have to deal with your miserable fucking existance...

Enjoy riding the turbo charged mini-bus... and don't forget your helmet... Retarded fuck...

BBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHH
[post=395303]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok your a chump and i wish you lived in cali. I would come give you the ass kicking your flamboyant daddy wasint able to, i mean with him taking it in the butt and all. Go back to fucking the local cacti CHiiizzzzzzzZZzump. :moon2:

And what makes you think you can come in here with your lil 98 posts and disrupt shit like your daddy wasint gay. Go lililililililililick some nuts bitch.

Oh yeah, by the way :ufucktard:

Dont worry Slut i gotch you mang :D this guys just pissed because of all the gayness in his life.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Sep 25 2004, 09:52 PM
I kinda of skimmed through this thread and I know this has been said...

UBERDATA!

Oh damn look at that, the time it took me to post I changed my rev limit 1000 rpms higher and then I changed it back, yay that was fun! :D
[post=394719]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn you really got that "rubbing it in" shit down, dont you? :D

Will a moderator please lock this thread too many fucking idiots talking about shit they do not know about.
:locked:
:locked: :locked:

All I ask is for help because I don't know and a bunch of Fuck Nuts start answering the same question 10 people already answered.

Wow Jon, I thought I was supposed to be the asshole. :p

Calesta - thank you for your response (albiet a bit rude) I have said many times that ECUs and piggyback computers are not my specialty. So, I do know some stuff - just not a hell of a lot about tuning. I also called 4 to 5 different speed shops and got 4 to 5 different answers. (At least 3 thought you COULD chip an obd2 ecu.)

Everyone else - Thanx for the responses but Jon is just going to Eric's Racing and having him do it. I'm sure he appreciates the help. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 27 2004, 01:35 PM
Wow Jon, I thought I was supposed to be the asshole. :p

Calesta - thank you for your response (albiet a bit rude) I have said many times that ECUs and piggyback computers are not my specialty. So, I do know some stuff - just not a hell of a lot about tuning. I also called 4 to 5 different speed shops and got 4 to 5 different answers. (At least 3 thought you COULD chip an obd2 ecu.)

Everyone else - Thanx for the responses but Jon is just going to Eric's Racing and having him do it. I'm sure he appreciates the help. :thumbsup:
[post=395367]Quoted post[/post]​

What help?

There were only a few people that actually helped out and I thank those people
you know who you are Thank You. Why is it that there is a forum called hondaswap where you can ask questions about stuff you do not know and the only responses lately on this board are to tell you how stupid you are, so what I do not know about ECUs I bet no one on this site could do my job for 1 hour I joined this site to learn not to be made fun of and that is all I get except for the So Cali Hondaswap people who are really cool and willing to help everyone else just posts BULLSHIT or makes fun of you well FUCK THIS.

Originally posted by UDT@Sep 27 2004, 02:40 PM
Ok your a chump and i wish you lived in cali. I would come give you the ass kicking your flamboyant daddy wasint able to, i mean with him taking it in the butt and all. Go back to fucking the local cacti CHiiizzzzzzzZZzump. :moon2:

And what makes you think you can come in here with your lil 98 posts and disrupt shit like your daddy wasint gay. Go lililililililililick some nuts bitch.

Oh yeah, by the way :ufucktard:

Dont worry Slut i gotch you mang :D this guys just pissed because of all the gayness in his life.
[post=395311]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't get along with my dad... So I don't really care what you say bout em... And don't bring my mom into your next post... She was murdered a few years back... I actually grew up in and still have a place in San Diego... This ain't a So Cal thing son...and my post count has nothing to do with how much I know... ;)

Slut, that was directed more towards your buddy boy since he was being more of an asshole...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back