Chipped Ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kermit5327

i have an ecu that is chipped but there is nothing on the chip but launch control no speed limiter and no rev limiter ( i got it that way ) and i am installing a vafc2 to mess with untill i get my new motor so i dont realy care if i blow this one up oor not..

but my question is will i be ok to install my vafc2 even tho my ecu is chipped im not really going to be tunning the vafc2 to much just to play with

can i order just an eprom chip from them beings how my ecu is already socketed and i do know how to replace the chips lol

*raises hand* Have you looked around in your phone book or the web perhaps? I would suggest saving money then. A little patience so you don't get far ahead of yourself would be a good thing to have too. :D Best of luck.

no my vafc2 was 50 bucks and i think the closest tuner that has a rep is like 3 or 4 hours away and charges 200 an hour

What you're referring to is called a "base map" and is meant to get you by until you get your ass to the tuner.

Don't buy the lame-ass ECU hack, instead spend that money on a tuning session with the ECU you already have. Don't even get the base map, just find a tuner and get your ECU tuned a.s.a.p..

Hmm, you bring up a good point here that I had never thought about before, because was not educated enough to think about, Scott.

I may have to pick your brain about this later on. :D

-Rick Williams
Raceline...FINE TUNED
http://www.racelinetuning.com
Cincinnati Ohio
5 1 3 . 8 7 0 . 0 9 9 9
In House Mustang Dyno

-David Blundell (blundar)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Street and dyno tuning, widebands, passthru datalogging, my brain
NA, turbo, SC, nitrous, water inj. - you build it I tune it.
icon_smile.gif

Book tuning through Zerolift Autolab, Welcome to ZEROLIFT.COM or (513) 874 2508

-Slowmotion Motorsports
Corey Parrish
2908 East 14th Ave, Columbus Ohio
SlowMotion Motorsports - Welcome, Be sure to checkout the News Section!
614-372-0304
in house AWD Dynapack
EFI 101 trained
CROME-PR0, Hondata(Dealer), AEM

Mapquest says that Cinci is 23 minutes away and Columbus is two hours away.

It's amazing what a little effort and research will yield for someone nowadays, Scott. What is this "MapQuest" you speak of? Is that some kind of new interwebnet invention that actually tells you where things are at? :D

Back