chipped p06

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thegreat1310

ok i chipped my po6, how do i know if the engine is running off my new chip and not the stock program?no check engine light is on and runs normal

if you're sure that the J1 jumper is soldered correctly, then odds are your chip is running fine. if you've burnt the chip yourself with tuning software (uberdata, hondata, crome, ect.) then burn yourself another chip with low rev limits and see if they work.

sweet, yea i did do a very kick ass job when i did it,but i bought the chip off ebay and it makes the car rev a 3k when its cold,but when it warms up its normal, but when i hit boost the cel comes on from the map sensor,but the chip is suposed to read boost?can andbody make a good chip with the boost retard, and cel shift light

I always thought you needed to replace the MAP sensor with one capable of reading boost when you went turbo, at least if you aren't planning on running one of those stupid hack systems with an fmu and missing link and such. The chip might read boost, but the stock map only can register a certain amount of positive pressure in the manifold before it goes wtf. Toss that ebay chip in the trash and get a custom tune by someone if you are running a turbo. 'you'll blow yourself to pieces' :) . But seriously, ebay chips are crap.You probably want to keep the cel for it's normal use, rather than use it as a shift light too.

no i dont care bout that cel shit, ill know if theres somthing wrong if the engine does run right,plus i know im running ok,and the stock map sensor can read up 2 17psi or somthing like that im conna get a chip burner and wideband

Quoted post[/post]]
no i dont care bout that cel shit, ill know if theres somthing wrong if the engine does run right,plus i know im running ok,and the stock map sensor can read up 2 17psi or somthing like that im conna get a chip burner and wideband

#1 the stock sensor will not even read close to 17psi, check your specs.

#2 a chip burner and wideband aint gonna cut it.

#3 unless you have a trained ear to listen to engine noises you dont have a clue whats going on inside there!

#4 good luck and happy boosting!

i do have a traind ear,i only work on cars for a living, and never blown a engine

Quoted post[/post]]
I always thought you needed to replace the MAP sensor with one capable of reading boost when you went turbo, at least if you aren't planning on running one of those stupid hack systems with an fmu and missing link and such. The chip might read boost, but the stock map only can register a certain amount of positive pressure in the manifold before it goes wtf. Toss that ebay chip in the trash and get a custom tune by someone if you are running a turbo. 'you'll blow yourself to pieces' :) . But seriously, ebay chips are crap.You probably want to keep the cel for it's normal use, rather than use it as a shift light too.

stock honda map sensors are 1.75 bar, meaning they will read up to 10.x psi. this is what they can read, however the stock ecu will throw a code if it sees over 2-3psi, thinking the sensor is bad. using uberdata/crome/etc, you can let the ecu interpret the higher readings and not throw a code. i put 9psi into my stock map with no cels' and no problems.

That's what I figured. I am an N/A guy, so i never worry about that boosting stuff, If I get a MAP sensor CEL, I got some serious problems!!!

And to the dude who has a trained ear - your trained ear is not gonna help when the TPS or any other sensor gets fried, and boosting a honda without seeing what's going on electronically is only going to multiply your problems. Do stuff the right way the first time, and don't halfass it. If you were doing this all the time, you wouldn't be on this forum asking about ebay chips, and whether your ecu is running off your burned chip or not. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to point you in the direction of higher intelligence so you don't blow up your first turbo honda.

Quoted post[/post]]
hey moron if the tps went bad the car would run like shit doy moron

Um..name calling works for little kids; grow up. you are the one wanting to turn a perfectly good check engine light into a shift light. WTF? You are the guy that started this post. If you knew anything about cars, or fuel injection or chipped ecus, you'd know that if you chipped your p06, you would not be able to run the stock program anymore, because the stock program was on the chip you just replaced. But good luck with your shift light.

Back