Chipped p13

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LOS222

I have an auto p13 running my auto h22. The vtec was kicking in at 5500 rpms and shifting at 6000 rpms so something had to be done. I bought a chip from Advance Timing, which said the vtec would kick in at 5000 rpms and shift at 7500 rpms. I had my chip installed and the check engine light stays on and won't rev past 4000 rpms. What can I do? My old chip is still intact but cannot be put back in. It was cut out.

get another chip, this time from someone who won't fuck you.

PM HardLowrdRanger ... he know's more about the P13s than most anyone I know.

to get your autotranny to shift at the standard JDM point of 7200 you need a JDM P13 TCU.

Sounds like you're running in safe mode too..

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@May 5 2004, 06:15 PM
to get your autotranny to shift at the standard JDM point of 7200 you need a JDM P13 TCU.

Sounds like you're running in safe mode too..

:concur:

Engine and shifting are seperate. ECU and TCU. That guy fucked you.

o god.. i would never goto a place called " Advanced Timing" to tune my car
their motto is prolly something like " the more timing the better"

Originally posted by turboB20hatch@May 5 2004, 09:07 PM
o god.. i would never goto a place called " Advanced Timing" to tune my car
their motto is prolly something like " the more timing the better"

LOL!!!

Yea, anyone who "CUTS" out the stock eprom has NO clue how to do the work properly.

Sorry you got burned. You could have contacted Radnulb, Hardlowered Ranger, or myself for ecu work. We all do it.

Does this mean I have a USDM TCU? Where can I get a JDM p13 TCU? I think I am running in safe mode. Is there any way out of it while using the same ecu? Right now I'm using my old accord non vtec ecu. This sucks!!!

Back