Chipping Ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NCHATCH

okay here goes, i ordered a chip off ebay, and after i take my ECU out, and take it apart. i start matching up the ROM chip and socket and crap, and realize that the ROM socket is a couple prongs too short and that the prongs are way too fat to fit in my ECU board!!! has anyone had this problem or am i just stupid, i could just be stupid! the chip has P08,P28,P30,P61,P91. are all these ECUs exactly the same as far as internally? the instructions show a P30, and it just doesnt look the same.

help

Originally posted by NCHATCH@Mar 21 2003, 10:43 PM
okay here goes, i ordered a chip off ebay, and after i take my ECU out, and take it apart. i start matching up the ROM chip and socket and crap, and realize that the ROM socket is a couple prongs too short and that the prongs are way too fat to fit in my ECU board!!! has anyone had this problem or am i just stupid, i could just be stupid! the chip has P08,P28,P30,P61,P91. are all these ECUs exactly the same as far as internally? the instructions show a P30, and it just doesnt look the same.

help

Just a couple of questions.

1- what ecu do you have?

2- who'd you buy it from off ebay?

Back