chips?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by friz@Dec 22 2004, 10:01 PM
Hey I have experience with a chip on e-bay. Wasn't worth a shit. Super rich. Rev limiter and fuel cut off didn't matter because it would choke out before it got there. This one was from AG Engineering.
[post=436172]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm curious. What program? What engine?

I'm not making excuses, but in MY experience, most problems are not from the program, but rather from the buyer not communicating with the seller their needs.

Originally posted by projekteg@Dec 23 2004, 11:20 AM

that would do nothing but make things worse. b series run much less timing and much more fuel than d series, so by using an ls ecu, he'd be running richer and more retarded than the already gay tune that honduh gives from the factory, so please explain how using an ls ecu would be anywhere near the same results as a gay ebay chip which basically just adds timing and removes speed limiter??? to get best results you'll need to dyno tune the chip just like you would for any other set up, but end result you're going to end up adding timing and pulling fuel from a factory tune.
[post=436368]Quoted post[/post]​

That a fact huh? You know from experience??

Look, not to be a dick, but here's the facts....

The programs such as "Spoon, Skunk2, Mugen, etc..." are no different on eBay then from your local "chip" tuner.

Hondata is a FINE program if you're willing to spend the $$$$

After all, you have to START somewhere. Some of you guys probably started with a wing, body kit, whatever, but then you got into performance. Right?

How is that any different than getting "IN" to performance. Do you think everyone has the $$ to spend on "Hondata", or has the experience to tune "UberData", or for that fact even wants to?

I know you're going to come flame me for it, but the performance community doesn't revolve around "TUNED" engines.....

Some people are just happy to get a LITTLE more from their engine without spending LOOT. Just like some people are happy putting APC SH*T on their car.

You can tell them all you want, but it's not happening overnight.

<soapbox off>

my first civic had no body kits, some minot bosy work but no kits or anything. The d series was out in about 4 days after i got it, LS in 8 hours later. I was all about performance.

im drunk so ill prolly delete this tommtrow

Originally posted by projekteg+Dec 23 2004, 11:20 AM-->
that would do nothing but make things worse.  b series run much less timing and much more fuel than d series, so by using an ls ecu, he'd be running richer and more retarded than the already gay tune that honduh gives from the factory, so please explain how using an ls ecu would be anywhere near the same results as a gay ebay chip which basically just adds timing and removes speed limiter???  to get best results you'll need to dyno tune the chip just like you would for any other set up, but end result you're going to end up adding timing and pulling fuel from a factory tune.
[post=436368]Quoted post[/post]​

AllMotorMonster
@Dec 23 2004, 09:07 PM
That a fact huh? You know from experience??

[post=436555]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, why?

Back