choosing an engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

badhabets23

im considering to swap out my engine from a 94 eg hatch back si and was just wondering which engine would probably be the best choice if im considering to go turbo in the future between the b18c5 w/lsd, b18c1, or b16a, w/lsd?thanks for your help.

well, that depends.... whats your plan for the turbo? all out? bolt on kit? and whats your budget looking like

If you are planning on f/i then go with the b18c1 it comes with about 190 hp stock but is better for f/i, the b18c5 is about 195 base hp but not as good with f/i but what you need to worry about is the cost, these are running about 5000+ on average, because they are in such high demand.

Originally posted by civic_loverh22@Aug 25 2003, 01:49 PM
the b18c1 it comes with about 190 hp stock but is better for f/i, the b18c5 is about 195 base hp but not as good with f/i but what you need to worry about is the cost, these are running about 5000+ on average, because they are in such high demand.

:axe:

if money isnt really an issue, go fo the b18c5. you can run 8lbs safely w/o needing to lower the compression. this is all if you have the money. plus tuning for vtec will cost some extra too....tuning the car for vtec takes a little more than a butt dyno. what kinda budget you got? what kinda plans or goals you have for your car? :D

Back