choosing the right ECU for H22a4 SH

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

greymatter

i swapped an H22a4 SH into a 92 hatch, had it running on a P13 and the idol was off as it would bogg, not bad but from 1000rpms to 1500rpms when your sittin and vtec kicked in a little late. it started to slowly feel weaker over time so i tweaked with the idol in the intake manifold and it ran flawlessly for about 2 weeks then took a shit one day i was driving in the rain for no reason . i found out there was something wrong with the communication from the ECU to the EGR valve and or popping wierd codes on my ECU, therefore the ports on my intake where getting clogged and my engine ran like shit. i cfoamed the engine and it runs but its in limp mode. i was told to not go with a p28 and get the p72(which gives more power) from the GSRs that dont even register or cooperate with the EGR valve(which is not even needed anyway really only for emisson reasons). my engine is running in limp or safety mode, its loud, its alot slower and it sucks down gas, if anyones got any info or has ran into the same problem help me out on choosing the right ECU or clue me in to related problems with H22a4 swaps.

Back