1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Donation to food share.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Nov 28, 2003.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Hello everyone.

During this holiday season, it is once again about giving to those that may be less fortunate than us.

I have received a letter from my father's church, which runs a soup kitchen on behalf of Meals for the Needy, a legit non-profit organization.

"Many organizations, including ours, provide our less fortunate neighbors turkeys and food baskets for Thanksgiving and feed supmtuous meals on Christmas Day - but then comes the rest of the week - the turkey and trimmings are gone - and hunger is with us once again. "

. . .

"Yet in Connecticut the statistics are staggering, in fact, one out of five children under the age of twelve is hungry, or at risk of hunger."

. . .

"So in the spirit of the season ahead, please help us now, so no hungry children or adults in out community will be turned away because our food pantry was empty.
    Please help us to continue to serve those who have so little. We pledge to serve the hungry with the same commitment and conviction as we have in the pas, and we invite you to join us in this effort."

Well folks, I'd like to make a contribution- a large one. I know what some of you are thinking... "i dont even live in CT" well, that's not the point. The point is no matter where you go there will be hungry people. I'd like to make a dontation to the church's food share program on behlaf of us, HondaSwap.com.

Let's make a difference in someone else's life. Not only will it make the people who volunteer their time every day or week to cook and serve, it will allow the less fortunate people to get something warm to eat.

I will be accepting any dontations you would like to donate- and in addition, I PERSONALLY will match 5% of the total donations.

For example, if $1000 is donated between all of us, I will put in $50.
    If $10,000 is donated, I will put in $500.

NONE of this is for my own profit, and i will be keeping a log of all donations, but for sake of ease, i am not planning to open a seperate paypal account. I will simply keep track of all dontations.

Please make any contribution you can to me, at Brian@hondaswap.com via paypal. It's for a good cause. Feel better about your self this holiday season. Make the world know that you care.

When making a dontation, please specify in the subject "Meals for Needy Dontation" and in the optional notes section, please write your full name as you would like it to be shown on the letter I plan to give to the church with all our names on it of those who donated.

The sooner you can make this donation, the better. I'd like to close this around the 15th of December, so that the funds can be withdrawn, and a check drawn and given to the church before christmas meal time money is run out.

NOTHING is too small. $1, $5, $10, $25... whatever you can live without for a day. Give up a soda at the vending machine for 1 day and you got a buck to dontate. do it all week (drink water) and you have $5. A little self-sacrifice goes a long way.

Think if it was you- and how thankful you would feel to know that there are people out there who care.

Happy holidays folks, and thanks.

-Brian, your webmaster/admin

paypal: Brian@hondaswap.com
    subject: "Meals for Needy Dontation"

EDIT

EVERY DONATION OVER $25, pick an MP3 CD. I will burn you up to 100 tracks (or less depending on size/length) on 1 standard CDR and mail it out to you free of charge. My playlist is availble here: http://www.hondaswap.com/playlist.htm

not sure what ya want? I'll burn ya my favorite tracks. be it trance, hip hop or rock.
    RIAA is making a donation this year too :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shortbusrebel07

shortbusrebel07 Senior Member

ill talk to my Girlfriend tonight, since she is the one with the paypal account, then ill contribute man. this shit hits too close to home for me to just ignore it....

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

thanks for the support.

Also, if some of you don't have paypal and would like to make a dontation via check/cash in mail, please PM me.

4. mdlax1

mdlax1 Senior Member

On the Proverbial picked fence of Insanity....
    Already talked to brian we over at cviciland are gonna be getting a donation up and hopefully get a few hundred bucks up for this

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

It isn't much but I can do $5. Im not a caring person but to see someone in B's position trying to help ou thte less fortunate it makes me feel good. B' give me your mailing address and I will send a money order to you for this... and so my parents don't get pissed send me a Hondaswap.com sticker.

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

TonyD "the asshole" first one to donate. Thanks man.

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

wycked sniper = #2

thanks bro :)

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

#3 is in. thanks guys!

9. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

B' I need an ADDY to send the money too. Please let me know IW ant to help AMAP.... (ha ha As Much As Possible)

10. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

i feel like im in a PBS fund raising drive when i say this....

but what is 5 or 10 bucks? nothin really. you blow that on lunch going out to eat for fast food. i can drop 10 bucks on lunch no problem....sometimes more.

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

shit... stickers... i forgot!! lol

12. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

i wanna donate but i dont have paypal. can you PM me your mailing list so i can mail it to you? also, do you want me to send it as cash or money order such as Western Union? alos, when do you need the contributions by?

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

pm sent/

Subtotal: $33.27
    5% Match $1.66
    Total Donation: $34.93

not bad for 4 donations.

keep 'em coming guys :)

14. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

Donation sent, yo. I didn't need a memory card or GT3 yet, anyway. X-mas is coming for Christ's sake. ;)

15. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

dig deep you stingy bastards who havent allready donated....

16. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Jody- awesome man. Killer donation.

Subtotal: $81.52
    5% match: $4.08
    Total Donation: $85.60

not bad for 12 hours worth.

Jody, pick out a cd or two :)

17. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

You know what I like...

Make me up a few good trance mixes. :thumbsup:

My correct address was on the Paypal.

18. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

What the crap, Mack? No Psychopathic records? :p

I get paid on Monday, B. I don't have a paypal account so I'll just have to send you some cash. PM me an addy and I'll send it out on Monday. Good cause, bro! :)

19. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

20. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

I donated $5, I feel worthless! B' it's on it's way man.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted