Chrysler ME-412 Concept

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
ON SALE: Prototype; potential 2006 model
BASE PRICE: $450,000 (est.)
POWERTRAIN: 5.9-liter, 850-hp, 850-lb-ft V12; rwd, seven-speed manual
CURB WEIGHT: 2860 pounds
0-60 MPH: 2.9

DETROIT (Reuters) - Betting that nothing succeeds like excess, DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler division unveiled a muscular new sports car at Detroit's international auto show on Sunday designed to tear up world speed records.
Chrysler Chief Operating Officer Wolfgang Bernhard said the high-performance prototype, dubbed the ME Four-Twelve, was powered by four turbo chargers and a massive 12-cylinder, 850 horsepower engine.

"The ME Four-Twelve has the potential to write a new chapter in the book of super sports cars," Bernhard told a news conference.

He said the top speed of the vehicle was an estimated 248 miles per hour.

"We expect a zero-to-60 time of 2.9 seconds," Bernhard added, saying that would make it the first sports car ever to break the three-second barrier.

Hinting that the car was something more than a mere auto show toy or "concept," and that it may actually go into production, Bernhard told automotive journalists they would have a chance to start test driving it next summer.

He did not elaborate, but Chrysler President and Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche said production of the sports car was also something more than a costly distraction for Chrysler, which has been battling to return to long-term profits.

"The bottom line is defined by both costs and revenues, and revenues are very much defined by emotions," Zetsche said.

"You need to make people dream of your cars and then you're better off than if you save a few hundred bucks elsewhere," he added.

Separately, Zetsche announced on the sidelines of the show that Chrysler's Dodge brand will soon put its Viper SRT-10 sports car on sale in Europe.

Zetsche said in a statement European sales of other Chrysler Group vehicles would follow, more than doubling the total number available outside North America in the next four years.

A new flagship rear-wheel-drive sedan, the 300C, is among new products Chrysler is unveiling this week in Detroit, which plays host to the auto industry's leading annual show.

1.jpg

DSCN3161.jpg

more pictures
http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_108951/tm.htm

not a chance in hell... and I am pro mopar... the thing still fucking weighs a ton and a 1/2.... screw that... and we all know that chrystler wont sell anything over 100k.... they make fucking minivans still...

I have pics of that car from last the Detroit Auto Show... last January.

I'd drive it. Of course I'd drive a 3 cyl Geo Metro, so that isn't sayin much.

i wouldnt want to own one, you couldnt take that thing anywhere... right now the mercedez benz cl 65 amg is looking mighty good....

CL65 AMG
AMG-built twin-turbocharged 6.0L 36-valve V-12 engine
604 hp @ 5,500 rpm
738 lb-ft @ 2,000 - 4,000 rpm
0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds

MSRP: $178,220.00*

mmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 16 2004, 02:53 PM
i wouldnt want to own one, you couldnt take that thing anywhere... right now the mercedez benz cl 65 amg is looking mighty good....

CL65 AMG
AMG-built twin-turbocharged 6.0L 36-valve V-12 engine
604 hp @ 5,500 rpm
738 lb-ft @ 2,000 - 4,000 rpm
0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds

MSRP: $178,220.00*

mmmmmmmmmm
[post=433218]Quoted post[/post]​

yes mr izzy for us common folk this looks like the better deal but falls into a whole different class the me chrystler mentioned above-and its not like any of us are going to go get one of either of these any ways these are for rich snobs with endless pocket books - more banks than we have checks - and so on-the one above is trying to compete in a different class than this amg - this amg is 1.1 seconds slower in the 0-60 and probably 3-5 seconds slower in the 1/4 - but i would take either any day as would any of us

yeah dude.

the amg > me412

2004-Mercedes-Benz-SL-65-AMG-SA-Shore-1280x960.jpg

2004-Mercedes-Benz-SL-65-AMG-Fender-Slats-1024x768.jpg

vid at the track:

http://www.treynor.com/Scott-SL65.wmv

Type: V12, Twin-turbo
Displacement cu in (cc): 365 (5980)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 612(450) / 4800
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 738(1000) / 2000-4000
Redline at RPM: 5950

Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: 255/35 - 285/30 R19
Exterior Dimensions & Weight
Length × Width × Height in: n.a.
Weight lb (kg): n.a.

Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 4.2
Top Speed mph (km/h): 155 (250)
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): 12/19 (n.a.)

anyway- chrysler is just way over their heads on this one.

peopel who CAN afford a car like that, will buy a ferarri instead.

because:
"yeah baby, i'll pick you up in the chrysler" just doesn't have the same ring to it that "yeah baby, i'll pick you up in the Ferarri"

i wouldnt say it like that i would remove the chrystler emblem and just call it a ME-412 hehe - like taking the ex sticker offa civic lol- j/p if u have a fast car u have a fast car- the amg is nice to but its just up to choice and yes i dont think people will buy this over a ferrari but who knows we do have people in this world like senfeild and leno who have to own every expensive super exotic car

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 15 2004, 03:38 PM
Pretty old news... but I like the car.
[post=432677]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i saw this at the nyc auto show like a year ago real nice lookin up close. but the new concept that looks the best is the audi rsq coupehttp://www.autoshowny.com/vehicle/gallery.shtml?debuts-2004

that whole show has some great ones like the 5.0, cobra, "saturn"
the FABULOUS RL

Back