Cigarette free

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

This is my fourth day cigarette free :mrgreen: . Had one cigarette in the morning 4 days ago then put the patch on. No cigarettes today or yesterday, the 2 days before that had about 6 drags. Man what an accomplishment for me. Been smoking about 10 years and this is the first time I have ever tried quitting. Anyone here on the patch or have been on the patch? Figuered I would save about $1500 cdn a year. A pack of smokes here costs $8.00 cdn. Anyway just thought I'd share.

I made it a day before all my friends kept shoving cigarettes in my face.

Temptation sucks, just ask B.

Good luck to you. *lights another one up*

yea I had quit for 17 days but the habit of going outside and having one and plus having 2 roommates that smoke killed me.

its the habit of having one is the hardest part of quiting.

good luck hope you can quit

yeah, if i could get my friends to quit, i would...thats what keeps me going i think...if the temptation wasnt always there, i dont think it would be as big of a problem.

for me, the killer is driving.

i can sit somewhere almost all day without a problem. but 20 min in a car, and i start flipping out. lol

lol, im with ya b...i can only sing along for so long...then im just like, FUCK IT GIVE ME A CIGARETTE. Driving to Austin from Dallas i went through a whole pack...and i usually smoke MAYBE 5 a day...just frustrating....

I guess what makes it a little easier for me is that I just quit drinking too, so it kinda made it a little easier as they go hand in hand

*sparks a bogee*

Good luck, I don't go more then a day without a cigarette.

I cut down a lot after I quit smoking weed, I used to smoke more then a pack a day when I smoked, cause I'd get high, do something and smoke a cigarette.

-Now I smoke a little less then a pack a day. When I drink or go out, I smoke more then I should, just because I don't realize it.

-If i don't have my morning cigarette, my day will suck.

-I can finish smoking a cigarette, then get in my car to go to work for my 3 and half minute drive and have to lightr one up at some point in those 3 minutes

i quit 9 months ago......but in the 9 months ive smoked probably 3 cigs total....when i get realy fucking drunk i tend to take a couple drags...

Quoted post[/post]]
for me, the killer is driving.

i can sit somewhere almost all day without a problem. but 20 min in a car, and i start flipping out. lol
werd, thats the only place i get a craving. i made it the last 2 days without and broke down today and bought a pack of cloves. thats the only shit i can smoke. i hate cigs

I've heard good stuff about that shit called "Smokeaway" or something...It came out a few years ago and it's supposed to be 100% guaranteed or your money back or something...I know a few people that did it, and they haven't smoked since...

I'm with B on that one...I light one up before I even get into the car. Something about driving makes me wanna smoke...First thing in the morning too--gotta have that fix.

I've been without for three years now, after smoking and eventually smoking + chewing for seven years.

I quit several times before it took. Patches, gum, and halfass willpower didn't cut it for me. I quit cold turkey, Jan. 2 2003. I had to finish my last pack on the first!!!!!! New Years resolution???? Fuck no, NEW TAXES.............
Money, health, and social stigma drove me to quit. I had to quit drinking for three months, since I knew I'd smoke if I had one beer. One day at a time is no bullshit, so stay strong, but more importantly, stay devoted to being smoke free. One cigarette leads to the rest of the pack. Nicotine is nicotine. Being hooked on the patch didn't help me at all.

Good luck.

lol, i keep telling myself i could quit whenever i want....then i find myself in the gas station asking if they still have buy one get one camel silvers.

Back