circuit malfunction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TommYnY

HydroLockeD Type-S GuY
my 94 dx w/ b16 is showing only codes 10 and 17.......iat and vss

i have concluded after changiing the vss and iat several times that its not the sensors rather a circuit malfunction.....

my question is how can i check the wires to the sensors and to the ecu to determine if its getting signal or whatever it needs to operate...

my pops said i need a multimeter and to kno the resistance??

can some1 just post a basic description of how i would go about diagnosing this issue..

also i did a lotta reading and research b4 i asked this...i checked all the chassis grounding points as described in other speed sensor related issues on this site...i really jus wanna pop vtec and i cant w/o the vss..
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! THANKS

well...thanx for all the responses...you guys are great..any way i tested the 3 wires on the harness plug that go into the vss...(w/ ignition in on position)...one showed ground, one showed power and the other was jus a open circuit...so i checked the pin location for vss at my ecu...still open circuit, so i ran my own wire and my speed sensor now works. as well as VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!! the car feels powerful.

however i still have code 10....the iat is brand new...i tested the 2 wires going to it.(w/ ignition in on position) one shows power the other is jus a open circuit....i tried the same at the ecu and the pin location shows open circuit...i tried running my own wire and it wont work. i refered to my ghetto chiltons and it seems the iat is in conjunction w/ several other things when it leaves the ecu(o2,tps,egt) there all looped in w/ variable resistors inline...im lost at this point!

some1 help!!!!!!! i really want this code gone! w/o the ecu knowing the airs temp it cant determine the density of the air and give me the proper mixture i need to have a 100% b16...in fact i think its gonna run way better once this is fixed...

any1 w/ info id appreciate it...thanx

especially pissedoffsol..i know you kno how to go about diagnosin this, i read your threads all the time....

well....ne1....
ne1 kno how to determine if i have a bad variable resistor?
where are these resistors?
some1 help...it is a swapped honda....

If you've replaced each sensor a few times and no luck, it's probably not a bad sensor. Do a simple continuity test (with a multimeter) between the sensors and the ecu plugs. Look in the reference section for the pinouts for whatever ecu you have.

Back