city lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

I was looking at some pictures the other day of a EK with jdm city lights on them and it looked pretty neat. Does anyone know if they make EG city lights? or if i can buy a kit to put on my stock headlight housing?

I've seen universal kits for city lights, what color do you want?

umm how am i a fucktard?? i was asking a question i thought the lights looked cool and i wanted some too. i looked at all the sites i get parts from and they didnt carry anything like that so i came here to ask.

i dont really know. what color would look good on a white EJ with black trim and stock everything outside except the slipstreams?

Originally posted by xyswany@Nov 11 2003, 01:39 PM
city lights? got any examples of what you mean?

oh yeah forgot its like running lights? i think thats what we call them. they are dimmer then headlights but bright enough to see when they are on.

Originally posted by highperboi+Nov 11 2003, 01:46 PM-->
@Nov 11 2003, 01:39 PM
city lights? got any examples of what you mean?

oh yeah forgot its like running lights? i think thats what we call them. they are dimmer then headlights but bright enough to see when they are on.

just get a daytime running light module then. Every car needs them in Canada.

Although i dont think thats what your looking for. Daytime running lights are just the high beams on your car running when the ignition is on but there is resistor box on the firewall by the clutch cylinder to make them dim

:roll: hmm its like a parking light within the main headlight pojector. I know so many aftermarket websites ive never heard of city lights. I could find that in a second hold on lemme check

yeah i never heard of them until one day this jdm conversion integra came into work and it had these lights and i asked what they were and he said the are the same lights they have in japan and they are called city lights because in the city the lights from the buildings and screens and stuff are so bright you dont need headlights so they put on those little lights just to illuminate the headlight housing.

:D oh im so nice at finding things and look at this article these are what citylights are:
What are city lights? In Japan city lights are used exactly as they say- for city night time driving. Since in metro areas such as Tokyo are heavyily lighted at night time, it is unecessary to use headlights. The city lights are small bulbs usually located next to low beam. When turned on they shine by themselves, but are very low wattage and not too bright. They are basically used so other drivers's notice the oncoming car without the glaring bright light discharged from headlights. Also if headlights are in use on a car that is driving up behind another vehicle; the headlights are turned off and the city lights are turned on as a common courtesy. Headlights in some countries outside USA are used only up to the disgression of the the driver of that particular vehicle and do not have to be turned on at all at night. Some people change the bulbs of city lights such as red, blue, purple, etc for dress up look also.

<--- Dose a little dance :shocked:

:eek: There not cheap they range from 2,500 to 200 bucks :shocked: And you have to have Jdm lights There also supposed to be a yellow Hid

This list is a reference for most common swaps performed in USA. If something is not listed please feel free to call or email. Some US spec lights are almost the same with almost no major difference from their JDM counterpart. The only difference may be that the headlight houses a different size headlight bulb and /or houses "city lights" next to the headlight bulbs. Other minor differences may be the JDM corner light is clear as the US spec is amber. This is such case as in 92-95 Civic and 94-97 Accords. Do not assume that just because it is JDM spec that parts are drasticly different.

;) so basicly there supose to be the opposite of daytime running lights
its kinda like driving with a very dim low beam at night...
Some fog lights are also called city lights or courteosy lights :)

if you want the city light bulb socket look here here maybe you can custom fabricate your usdm lights http://www.inlinefour.com/twincamtech/honc...ncitligsoc.html
If you wanna buy the city light for custom fabrication go here they got a cool pics of an integra with purple and blue city lights
[url=http://www.lmsspeed.com/citylights.htm]http://www.lmsspeed.com/citylights.htm

HEY!!!!!!!!! Go to BLUETRACK.COM!!! My G/F found that website, they have all that stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back