1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CIVIC 2002 ECU Situation

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by amadeuscr, Nov 10, 2008.

1. amadeuscr

amadeuscr Member

Im thinking about buying a civic 2002 Si , but with the engine broken and ecu broken too, :eek: , I've been researching about the ecu and more to see if its worth it, my question is , I know that k20a3 has no distributor , and therefore there is no way to install a obd1 ECU , not 100% sure , but correct me if Im wrong ......

then , is it a good deal if the car is worth half price ? . is there any other solution for the ECU ?

what about key immobilizer ? , how that things works ? that can be disabled or reprogramed , and how ? :eek: .

thanks in advance for all the help.

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

you cant run older ecu on those cars you need a k series ecu or k pro. and if the motor is bad and the ecu how much are they asking for the car

3. amadeuscr

amadeuscr Member

well , they are asking half price of what is worth here in Costa Rica

the car is worth here in costa rica 16k , they are asking 7k , a little less than half

I know with that money I can buy one running in the US , but when it comes to taxes , is a hell here , so , here is pretty much cheap , I know the engine I can rebuild it for less than $500, but what about the ECU ? , k pro is too expensive !:eek:

4. AHHVTEC

then just hit up ebay and buy a ecu but you will have to take the car to a local dealer and get it re keyed for the immobilizer to work

5. amadeuscr

amadeuscr Member

is there a way to hack that ?

6. AHHVTEC

no that i know of

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted