civic 4gen d16z5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

szuflada

Hi all, im new in forum. I'm looking for some help. I swaped my civic from d16z2 to d16z5 (ohc to dohc). To make a swap i replace engine, ecu, wires on engine. but i have problem with start engine. maybe the problem is with connecting cyl sensor to ecu? (sorry for my English :) )

need a little more information:

do you have fuel at the fuel rail? is fuel pump running?

do you have any codes showing on the ECU?

did you use the D16Z2 engine wiring harness and change the connector at the distributor or did you use the D16Z5 engine wiring harness?

do you have the ground wire, with ring connector on the end , that comes out of the wiring harness connected at the thermostat housing?

do you have the spark plug wires in the correct location on the distributor cap? - the Z5 wires are in different locations from the Z2 - on the Z5, the #1 wire is at the top, #3 wire is toward the radiator, #4 wire is at bottom, #2 wire is toward firewall

having the cylinder sensor wired incorrectly will not keep it from starting

alore, i have fuel at the fuel rail, fuel pump is runing ok

on ecu showing any codes ( if i good remember)

i use all d16z5 engine wiring harness connected to d16z2 bodyshells wiring ( it perfectly fits )

the spark plug wires in the correct location ( i check this with manual)

if i trying to start engine i hear that sample ignition - this not like engine runing 1-4 sec and off

(any way thx for help :) )

this is how the spark plug wires should be:

zcfiringorder2-3.jpg

hello, ist working :), but after 3 min, ecu show error nr 1 - lambda probe. and rpm wave - 800rpm to 1200 rpm, when i adding gas pedal (accelerating) i hear some fire ignition. what is the problem? it maybe setup of ignition?

Back