civic 93 with b16 sir 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

infamouz

anybody know how much it would cost for someone to strap an ac after the engine swap? california does get HELLA hot during the summer and shit s[ring is just as worse. any answers would be appreciated in advance.

correct the 93 civic was stock before the swap, do you think i can put the original civic ac on it? anybody?

If you can bolt the condensor to the block and get a belt the right length, I'm sure you could make the rest of it fit without too many problems.

Can you bolt a D series condensor to a B series block anyone?

Quoted post[/post]]
I think for the SiR II you can reuse the D series everything if you have the SiR II AC bracket.
:huh:
damn thnk god i still have the old motor in my garage. so i guess i should pull out the ac and everything with it, and how much do you think the a/c bracket would cost? Wouldn't someone like a good honda and acura junkyard carry that? Install shouldn't be that much neither right? just hook up and add freon? Advice greatly appreciated as california is HELLA hot during summer time.

Quoted post[/post]]
If you can bolt the condensor to the block and get a belt the right length, I'm sure you could make the rest of it fit without too many problems.

Can you bolt a D series condensor to a B series block anyone?
I have never seen any condensor bolted to a block. I've seen compressors bolted to blocks. :p I assume that is what you meant. The answer is yes, with a compressor bracket from a del sol that had a dohc engine or a crv's bracket, it will work.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I think for the SiR II you can reuse the D series everything if you have the SiR II AC bracket.
:huh:
damn thnk god i still have the old motor in my garage. so i guess i should pull out the ac and everything with it, and how much do you think the a/c bracket would cost? Wouldn't someone like a good honda and acura junkyard carry that? Install shouldn't be that much neither right? just hook up and add freon? Advice greatly appreciated as california is HELLA hot during summer time.
I paid about $100 for a new one from a dealer online. They aren't cheap for some reason.
"just hook up and add freon?"--Close. Pull a vacuum first. That is a must before adding refrigerant.

Wait a second...Your Civic is a '93. It should have been r12 originally unless it has been converted to r134a. If it hasn't been converted, I suggest doing that. R12 is VERY expensive these days and you can't purchase or handle it w/o a license. (EPA stuff)
You also will want to replace you accumulator since it has been sitting around. Trust me. You really need to do this. The whole point of the accumulator is to isolate and trap any foreign moisture so it doesn't contaminate the system. If it has just been laying around without having a vacuum pulled and capped off for storage, it's ruined.(It's been sitting around absorbing moisture in the air)

My AC isn't freezing, but it's cold and i never vacuumed it.
It's a good suggestion but not a "must!"
The SiR II AC bracket is the (p54) Dohc Del sol bracket, find one of those.
The junkyard will most likely NOT have one...and then what he said^
93 was originally r12 refrigerant, unless you have a hookup (and i doubt you do because otherwise you wouldn't be asking this stuff) you're not going to touch r12.
Autozone sells a "r12 to r134a" retrofit kit... it's $19.99 and it comes with the fittings,a charge hose and a can of 'special mixture oils'... i wish they sold this 'special oil' separately.
(it's not the same as the PAG oil)
Throw the charge hose that comes with the kit in the garbage because it will break and waste your oil, and then your freon.
This sounds bad, but Autozone also sells an ALMOST identical charge hose (it's a blue short hose) by itself for like $5...buy this instead. (and then take the one you threw away and return it :))
Last month when i bought Freon (r134a) it was $11.99 a can, up from $5.99 last year WTF.
Your system should hold 24oz minimum and 28 maximum.
The oil will provide 4-6oz, so it's up to you to make up the other 20oz. (2 cans of r134a should fit)
When you go to put the r134a fittings on, MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THE INNER valve thingie.
It's like a valve-stem valve, it unscrews exactly the same.[push down and turn] If you have a tool to remove valve stem valves that will work perfect, if not; use a grinder to grind a flathead screw driver in the middle to look like this sorta...
["""""]
["""""]
["""""]
["""""]
_|""|
_|""|
_|""|
_|/\|

If you don't remove that, you'll be wasting your time.
Before you charge the system make sure the fittings are on GOOD and that nothing is blocking your condensor (leaves,dirt,cigarette butts,tacos etc) and also make sure the condensor fan turns on.
Make sure all the AC (condensor motor/relay/AC compressor's plugged in blah blah) fuses are good too, or you might be falsely let down and then blow your compressor.

ok so heres the plan. I get all the ac parts from my old d series motor, and then buy the del sol DOHC a/c bracket. Buy the freon add all the d series ac parts to the sir 2, and then we have cold air. nice. i dont want to do it by myself as none of my friends can get time off of school. So taking all the ac parts from the old motor is one. Then two, which is buying the DOHC del sol ac bracket online probably. I guess i can just take it too a performace shop and theyll just charge me labor. This is all thanks to you guys. Apprieciated very much they cali is HELLA hot. :worthy:

I agree w/ VTECin5th on everything except his thoughts on pulling a vacuum. Ask anyone who REALLY knows a/c and they will tell you that you need to pull a vacuum first. I'm not saying that it won't work if you don't, but if the system has been exposed to outside air then it has contaminants in it--No ifs, ands, or buts about it, and the longevity of the system WILL be compromised. I suggest you assemble the system and take it to a shop that has a real a/c cart and let them pull a vacuum, leak test it, the charge the system correctly. Your compressor will thank you. :)

Yoyoyo, i think you took it wrong...
I said it was a good SUGGESTION but not a "MUST"... it WILL work without getting it vacuumed.. i never said it'd be better or anything. :p
I just assume that most of the people here are DIY'ers and don't have access to an AC fitted Vacuum, so i just wanted him to know that it WILL work without getting it done.

But yea, if you CAN, get it vacuumed and leak tested like he said.

Cali is not HELLA hot dude... it's like 90 :laugh:

just like texas :cry: I dont put my actual shirt on until i get into the parking garage at work....i look bad with sweat marks on my back.

Quoted post[/post]]
just like texas :cry: I dont put my actual shirt on until i get into the parking garage at work....i look bad with sweat marks on my back.
106 here today, that is why i work nights.
I hate the daytime in the summer.. the other 7 months of the year is very nice though.

Back