civic 94 suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mugenman

i am looking for a wicked set up on my 92-95 civic hatch. i want a drop of about 30-40mm but not to firm. any ideas or web sites or a similar set up from other civvy drivers.

well i was lookin at eibach springs and may be koni shox a bit later so at first about 200.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 22 2004, 04:18 PM
How much money do you have to blow?

Bingo. That dictates alot.

What is a 'wicked' setup and what do you plan to do with the car? Road Race, Auto-X, Drag........

on my 92 sedan I have been riding around on a "wicked" setup for about 2 months now and it's great

I installed Eibach Pro-kit springs ($180 ebay)
and some Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustable shocks ($360 ebay)
and I'm running a set of 195-60/14 Falken Azenis ($220 Vulcantire.com)

the springs drop the car about an inch and a half (approx 35mm) and are progressive rate so that they aren't very stiff for normal driving but will increasingly get stiffer as you corner hard

the shocks are adjustable and at the softest setting provide a comfortable ride very similar to stock and when crank up stiff are excellent on the autoX course

the tires are an important factor in the suspension and the azenis are great because they have a very stiff sidewall (good for cornering) and great dry traction and aren't as bad in the rain as everyone else says (it's been monsoon season in MN for the last month and a half)

I hope that helps you
whatever you do, don't cheap out ... if you really have to save money look for some slightly used stuff but I think $600 is a pretty affordable amount to spend on a "wicked" setup

good luck
Sean

Back