civic 98 auto to manual swap help !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frankystylez

hi, i just change my tranny and all is working fine except the brakes and idle.

The pedal kit was a bit higher for the gas pedal cable, then i lower the idle nut on the engine, work fine but sometimes idle stay high, i pull the gas pedal with my foot and it come back lower. I guess it wil be ok with the time. Does it have another adjustement i can try ?

The brakes are stiff and high on the pedal. Work strong for the 10 minutes driving and they stop the car, nothing to do for moving except waiting. I searched on google and i saw the push rod clearance adjustement and booster adjustement without good information on how to do it. With my auto tranny everything was working fine. Do i broke up the master cylinder when i installed the pedals ?

try adjusting your pedals, did you get a standard throttle cable ? try some silicone lube on the brake and gas pedals too, should help loosen them up some. you can use that ecu you have and it will work fine. you will have a cel for a auto lockup solenoid. their is a jumper inside the ecu that you can cut that converts it to 5 speed if you want. search online for correct one. good luck

tank you, it was just pedal adjustments everything is ok :)
i dont understand very well what the manual ecu give me more than the auto ?

I am still new to hondas, but all of the "cut the jumper" to make it manual tanny ecu pics/walk throughs I have seen are for OBD1s, and I have seen a lot of people say that you can't do it on the odb2s. I am not saying it can't be done, just that when i looked in to i couldn't find info of a odb2.

If you do find a jumper or way of making a auto tranny odb2a ecu to a manual tranny odb2a ecu, i would like to see how you did it. :)

Back