Civic Cluster Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nightrider45

Is the 97 hx cluster he same as the 97 ex cluster? Are they both straight plug in to my 97 dx?

ok, good. I just recived the Cluster today but the problem is that the cluster that i bought has alot of miles. Is there any way i can put the old clusters miles on the cluster that I just bought? (what do i have to do)

you should be able to unbolt or screw just the speedo part and swap it out for your old one

im not sure if there is but its real easy i know the temp hand and stuff you can take out just look on the back of the cluster and you will see he screws holding it in

so that means i have to take the plastic cover off and take the gauge needles out in order to change it? or do i pull it out from the back?

yes you have to take all the plastic off you unscrew it in the back and it will pull out in the front but what ever you do dont mess with the needles there fine dont bother them at all

so just take the plastic off and the screws in the back of the cluster and swap them. thats it?

ok i will, another question since i have a JDM b16 in my car and the cluster is from a HX, would the needle for the rpm get stuck since i could rev my car up to 8500. And he HX cluster only goes up to 8k. or would the needle jus bounce? i'm asking this question because i dont kno if i should put this cluster in yet because i'm thinking about putting the Si cluster.

i dont think it whould hurt it but you might want to get a si cluster that way you can keep a watch on your rpm

ok, i guess i have to exchange my HX for an Si if i can find someone that is willing to do that.

Back