civic clutch problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunz2165

i just recently bought a 95 civic dx with a 1.5. the clutch was slipping really bad when i bought it so i bought a clutch kit and put it in. i bled it an got that all set. when i went to go drive it i noticed that the clutch was grabbing at the very top almost when my foot was off the pedal. But it drove fine other than that. its been ive driven it 2 days and on my way home from work all of a sudden its slipping again. anyone have any ideas on why and what the hell i can do to fix it? bleed it again or something else? this is my only vehicle and i need it fixed asap please help. Also reverse grinds bad going in

Last edited:
Sounds to me like your throw out barring is spent possibly... Did u replace the master clutch cylinder and the slave on your trans? they tend to go and you lose pressure ect... idk if they will fix ya problem but there worth checking.

yea i changed the throuw out bearing, but no i didnt change the master or slave cyliner. i did that once and had more problems so i didnt wanna do that unless necessary. i guess ill try bleeding it again and if i loose pressure again then ill know its def those 2. thanks for the help

Did you check the flywheel for runout basically to make sure its not warped, or make sure you didnt contaminate it when changing the clutch. Also any high pedal releasing on a new clutch points more or less to the clutch master cylinder or clutch slave cylinder. I would start with diagnosing the cylinders first because that can definetly contribute to both symptoms. Slave cylinder they sell at autozone for relatively cheap and it easy and quick to do.

OK here's the update on my clutch issue. Replaced master an slave cylinders replaced the master cylinder hydraulic line that goes across firewall an hydraulic line that comes off slave. Adjusted clutch pedal to grab bout 1-2 from the top. So far all has been well. If I hit first gear b4 reverse I get no grinds which in tail I believe the syncros on the tranny r going. But for the major issue I had replaced both cylinders an were good to go. Thanks for the help

The transmission thing with the grinding going into reverse from another gear other than 1st.....is normal. Honda released a bulletin saying that in order to shift into reverse you must first shift into first and then reverse. I think thats what you were referencing.

Back