civic crx not starting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joecrx

hi can eny 1 help me with this problem
i have honda civic crx 92 D16A9 some time dont want to start wen it dont want to start i dont hear the fuel pump dont matter if its cold or hot.
i leave it some time it works
Main Relay 100% ok i testd it.

How did you test it?

When those are bad, they are very temperature sensitive. Could have tested fine and still be broken.

Best bet is to take it apart and resolder it. If you havent done that, you might as well, because you will probably have to do it someday anyway.

hi
yes ill do that or try to get a new one
this is how i tested it
  1. Remove the main relay.
  2. Attach the battery positive terminal to the No. 4 terminal and the battery negative terminal to the No. 8 terminal of the main relay. Then check for continuity between the No. 5 terminal and No. 7 terminal of the main relay.
    • If there is continuity, go on to step 3.
    • If there is no continuity, replace the relay and retest.
  3. Attach the battery positive terminal to the No. 5 terminal and the battery negative terminal to the No. 2 terminal of the main relay. Then check that there is continuity between the No. 1 terminal and No. 3 terminal of the main relay.
    • If there is continuity, go on to step 4.
  4. Attach the battery positive terminal to the No. 3 terminal and battery negative terminal to the No. 8 terminal of the main relay. Then check that there is continuity between the No. 5 terminal and No. 7 terminal of the main relay.
    • If there is continuity, the relay is OK; If the fuel pump still does not work, go to Harness Test.

Back