Civic CX hybrid PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

soulphantom

Alright..I have called shops. I have searched forums and websites! I have a b16a2 ..I have the b16a2 ecu...my car is a Civic 92 CX hatch (so no vtec). HOW DO I DO WIRING!!! People say, "Use the stock and just wire vtec." Then some say to buy a SI harness from a salvage yard from a SI car...Whats the best thing to do!!????any sites sell harneses.. please help!!!! ASAP!! and can i use my stock axles?????

It depends on how mechanically inclinded you are. If you are capable of soldering up some connections, then it is would be best to use your stock CX harness and just wire up the vtec connections yourself. There are multiple sources of information to reference on where the wires connect to. If you have no clue on how to do any of that, finding an OBD1 ex/si harness would be best. Checking local junkyards would be my first stop.

As for your axles, they will not work. You need B series axles. If the motor did not come with an intermediate shaft, you will need that as well.

Thanks for the reply.....When using an Ex/Si harness do u mean engine harness only. .A shop today told me I need to change the WHOLE harness from tail lights to engine including the fuse box....And I guess I will still need to run a 2nd O2 sensor if i use this harness????? Thanks in advance...any links or good sites would be appreciated

They told you that you need to change out the entire harness? Including interior? The people that you are talking to are retarded.

Thanks for the help...no joke I been lost ..misguided....byI using the SI harness does this eliminate any extra wiring...just plug and play.....ive been searching the sites if anyone has any good links then put me down with them....i would just go to a local shop...but I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night do 2 fear of being jacked by them fools..mad shady type

As long as the ECU you are using is OBD1, then an engine harness from a 5th gen civic EX/SI will be "plug and play". You will only need the harness from the engine compartment.

If you don't feel 100% comfortable that the shop you have been talking to is going to do the job right, search around and look for another place to do it. If you need some information about the swap, check out the articles section of the forums. They are a wealth of information.

Back