civic/del sol & teg suspension interchangable???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpSPOONsol

i would like to know if civic/del sol and integra suspension are interchangable?
i know springs are, but what bout shocks?? sway bars? tie bars?...

if not, what minor adjustments are needed?

Originally posted by vpSPOONsol@Aug 5 2003, 04:42 AM
i would like to know if civic/del sol and integra suspension are interchangable?
i know springs are, but what bout shocks?? sway bars? tie bars?...

if not, what minor adjustments are needed?

i'm pretty sure the front tie bar fits. i think i remember asmallsol mentioning that he got a good deal on an ITR tie bar for his sol.

The brakes are not a direct swap over, there are a few more things that you can do. They are not just "well they are out of pads for the sol, lets pick up the GSR ones" Does not work that way. You will need to change calipers, brackets and a few other things.

For suspenion peices, yes they are all basicly the same. The integra's will normally be a bit thicker. For things like sway bars, if your car did not come with one, you need the integra LCA's because they have the holes to mount the endlinks for the sway. Strut bars, yes they go on with no problem. Shocks are the same except for the Type R's. If you want to put type R's in you civic, you need to buy ITR LCA's (they are massive compared to normal teg's)

Originally posted by unique1981@Nov 27 2004, 01:55 AM
can you swap out the entire suspention and not have to swap out brakes?
[post=422745]Quoted post[/post]​

holy bring back from the dead batman.

well, what do you mean by swaping out the entire suspension? Remember the knuckles are part of the suspension. If you have a non ex civic and you put integra knuckles on, your current brakes will not fit. If your just talking shocks, springs, LCA's and swaybars, then no, your current brakes can stay the same.

I notice I didn't catch kylemarhx's little typo. The front lower subframe bar or tiebar from the typeR (or GSR, or any other teg, or del sol VTEC) will bolt up no problem, but the rear tie bar that is found on ITR's will not bolt on. On the ITR, the rear tie bar bolts right onto the rear subframe on the underside. Non R's have a diffrent rear subframe and do not have these holes for mounting them. Instead, if you want a rear tie bar for a non ITR civic or integra, you must buy an aftermarket one.

Back