1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civic DX performance intake

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by TheTetheredWorm, Jun 26, 2007.

1. TheTetheredWorm

TheTetheredWorm New Member

If anyone could help, i would be much appreciative. I have a '00 civic DX non vtec engine D16Y7 with a throttle body that points upwards, and i am interested in getting a performance throttle body as well as a performance intake manifold for it, but it seems that the only ones that are available are for civics with the throttle body to the side. I was wondering if there are any out there that are made for the upwards throttle body, or if there is a way to make the ones that are designed for the side throttle body fit the upwards throttle body.

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

what other mods do you have that would benefit from an increased throttle body? it wont do much unless you have more engine work done.

3. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Swap it. :shrug:

4. dtob

dtob New Member

Install a Y8 intake manifold first. Should see a little gain from that and they can be had cheap then put the cold air intake on that.

5. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

yeah go for a y8 manafold make sure it is off a automatic though the AIC sensors are different on the manual y8 set up then your stock dx if you try to use the y8 manafold off a manual car your motor will surge up and down

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

There are actually quite a few companies that make intakes to fit the upwards pointing throttle body. Search around. I think AEM makes one.

7. DILLENGER1

DILLENGER1 New Member

i had the same problem when i started.i was to focused on the part itself ,and forgot to really stand back and think.all i needed to do is buy a 90 deg.elbow and a coulpler,but you have to watch the plug for the sensor,it might get flipped,then you have to extend it.

8. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

AEM definitely makes one for that intake/throttle body setup. Get their dryflow filter if you go with them.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted