Civic DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

How much is RED trim for my RED civic DX with UGLY BLACK Trim? i wanna put white rims with all red car instead of my other plan... black trim stays on i get black rims and red brake rotors....

go to a paint shop and see how much they would charge you to paint that stuff. shouldn't be more than $300.

lol im an asshat i thought u had one at first... was gonna say... Hhahaha. getting it painted dosent do shit it dosent work. the paint dosent wanna stay on the trim the body shop guy told me.

He doesn't know how to prep the surface properly then. Don't go to him anymore. Find someone who knows how to paint.

Not to mention, they get painted with the car, so if you got them from Honda they would charge you the extra to paint them, or come black anyway.

i know that this kind of defeats the purpose, but have you considered taking the trim off? there are some brackets under there that need to be removed which brings a little bondo into the equation... but the final result is soooo sick. i've seen a few civics that got it done then just a little touch up and it's a totally original look. it would for sure cost less than getting the trim painted too.

Take the trims off and paint 'em your self. Or you can send them to a body shop to get painted. Shouldn't be more than a 100 bucks.

ugh u mean take the trim off and where the indent is make that look natural? like take the indent out

Originally posted by Pewble@Oct 5 2003, 12:09 AM
ugh u mean take the trim off and where the indent is make that look natural? like take the indent out

On the VX and CX the trim is just glued on, there are no hole fo clips, and what you're talking about is called shaving. Basically they remove the molding, cover the gutter with a peice of metal, and weld it on, then finish it to make it smooth.

Back