civic dyno run @ nopi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it doesnt look like any water to air intercooler i've ever seen? but you never know it could be

B)

ZEX - teh suck.
PWR = teh suck.

Shoulda bought a spearco...

Why the HELL do people put dry kits on turbo cars?!?! Do they not realize that there IS NO REFERENCE that works correctly for vacuum or lack thereof to allow it to adjust the fueling to work properly witht he nitrous?!?! Hello?! It's not rocket science! Jeez.

At least the guy bought the right manifold. That Full race manifold is supa tite. He should have picked up the Full Race FMIC they have that works perfectly with that manifold/turbo setup. Woulda been 100x more 1337.

You know the one I'm talkign about, B.. the one that the compressor outlet feeds DIRECTLY to the intercooler, and the BOV is up front in the grill, made intot he intercooler.

That one I'm thinking of is a pretty sweet setup, but I don't see it working to well on a streetcar, though, with working components out front unprotected.

027.jpg

this one?

Here are mypics from the NOPI event. As for NOPI being all rice, I guess it wasn't all rice. There were tons and tons of bad ass cars there. I wish we put our SFP Civic SI on the dyno. It makes in the area of 750-800wHP on the bottle and well over 600wHP off of it.

nice pics...oh by the way, I was fucking around with the all motor D.....der...

Not the water to air... the Air to Air from Full Race... Jeez. I guess I'll have to find the pic Art posted a while back...

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Sep 23 2003, 09:52 PM-->
and what is that box thats conected to it on the firewall?
i circled the box that i think you're talking about... i'm pretty sure it's a fuel cell.
s3f72acacf1b40.jpg

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Sep 25 2003, 03:34 AM
Not the water to air... the Air to Air from Full Race... Jeez. I guess I'll have to find the pic Art posted a while back...

i'm pretty sure this is the IC you're talking about...
s3f72ace4b23a0.jpg

SiR Kid
@Sep 24 2003, 03:11 AM
PWR = teh suck.
He should have picked up the Full Race FMIC they have that works perfectly with that manifold/turbo setup.

like brian said, that IC that you were just reccomending is a PWR...
s3f72adf51fbe1.jpg

:lol: tard.
jk.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Sep 25 2003, 03:58 AM-->
@Sep 23 2003, 09:52 PM
and what is that box thats conected to it on the firewall?

i circled the box that i think you're talking about... i'm pretty sure it's a fuel cell.
s3f72acacf1b40.jpg

yea thats what im talking about but it looks too smal to be a fuel cell. i mean the shape and design looks like one but its just too small, and it wouldnt make sense to have it under the hood. i would think it would be dangerous. and if it was a fuel cell why is it attached to that buble thing on the intake? anyone have any idea on what they are? im just curious. some people were talking about a water/air intercooler but i duno if you meant that or the thing shown in the pic from the from of the car all the way at the bottom drivers side. that looks like a water/air intercoller to me. so whats up with the thing on the firewall and the bubble thing?

The cell in the circle is a water cell for the intercooler.

The "bubble" in the intake piping IS the intercooler. It's made by PWR, and it's made for EXTREMELY high flow environments, but unfortunately, it doesn't cool very well, and can cause detonation issues at high IAT's.

They work great on Drag car's though, because with icewater in the reservoir, the cooling capacity goes tthrough the roof, with very little pressure drop.

KYLEMARHX, yeah, that's the intercooler I was thinking of.. I can't find the setup pics I know existed, though. Odd.

cool thanks. that explained a lot.but what does IAT mean?

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Sep 25 2003, 08:47 PM
The cell in the circle is a water cell for the intercooler.

The "bubble" in the intake piping IS the intercooler. It's made by PWR, and it's made for EXTREMELY high flow environments, but unfortunately, it doesn't cool very well, and can cause detonation issues at high IAT's.

They work great on Drag car's though, because with icewater in the reservoir, the cooling capacity goes tthrough the roof, with very little pressure drop.

KYLEMARHX, yeah, that's the intercooler I was thinking of.. I can't find the setup pics I know existed, though. Odd.

i just checked out the PWR site, and it doesnt show anything having that canister with the water to air barrel intercooler set...

i still coudl be wrong though... i have seen fuel cells that small... they are 1-2 gallon fuel cells

eh whatever, i dont know jack about turbo cars lol

The fuel cells on the drag Hondas that I've seen look just like that. Hell, Intercrew's looks exactly like that one, except it's mounted on the front of the car. It only holds one gallon.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 25 2003, 11:10 PM
The fuel cells on the drag Hondas that I've seen look just like that. Hell, Intercrew's looks exactly like that one, except it's mounted on the front of the car. It only holds one gallon.

yeah i've seen it where they're mounted to the front... cause from what Rich @ RS told me, it cant be near the battery in anyway...

and from the looks of it, they must have mounted the battery inside with a battery box of some type

Yup. Well, Intercrew puts theirs on the opposite side of the engine bay from the battery... but both are right up front on the car. The fuel cell is on the front passenger side, and the battery is on the driver's side.

Back