Civic EG B16A4 dilemma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes bro it was plugged in perfectly fine. idk wtf is going on :S I plugged in even the new one in the same place, still the same thing.

You will need to reset the ecu to clear the old code. In the fuse box under the hood there is a 7.5a fuse (back-up). Pull it for a few minutes, then replace, and it will clear the codes. If you can not find it for some reason, you can just disconnect the battery negative cable for a few minutes as well. Try that and see what happens.

I also think it could be a wiring issue. My wiring right now is from a D16, any way if i could check the wirings not right ?

All the wiring should work. When putting a b16a into a 92-95 civic the only wiring that is different is...If it is not vtec then you have to run vtec wires, and you would have to add knock sensor wires if you plan to use one. The rest of the plugs should work.

The wiring already had vtec wires in it. Engine previously was a D15b vtec.
Should I just use my old d15b vtec wiring, distributor and ecu with this b16 ? in short, convert it to OBD1 using my previous engines stuff and chip the p08 ?

Yes use the wiring harness that was already in the car. The distributor will have to be one for the b16 because the one from your old engine will not fit. Yes get the ecu chipped. Was any of the wiring changed or modified when you did the swap, or did you just plug everything in?

I actually have 2 set of wirings. One is my stock D15b vtec wiring, kept intact. Took it out when I put in a d16 wiring I got off a friend. The d16 wiring was modded to fit the b16.

Check your wiring to the MAP with a multimeter for shorts or something. One of the vacuum lines off the TB needs to go to the charcoal canister.

Are you trying to use D-series stuff???? Keep it all B16 (or B18C for the most part) for sensors, valves, etc.

You can probably find a ECU in Europe and shipping wont be too bad (Ebay....??). But, if and only if, your friend knows his sh*t when it comes to chipping....go for it with the P08. Delete Knock, Evap Purge (if applicable), and it would need binary coding and other tech knowledge I do not know about. ECU needs to be a base map for DOHC and VTEC B16. No single slammer (SOHC) ECU will run the motor correctly.....period.

Which vac line goes to the charcoal cannister ? I mean the one at the back of mani or on top.just beside map ?
And where is this charcoal cannister anyway ?

Can anyone please post a few clear pics of their B16 intake manifold area just so I can get a clear idea ? Please ?

This is the best pic I have right now. i added a picture from a helms manual that shows a general description of where the vacuum lines run. It may be slightly different then what yours looks like but it is a good reference. Also the charcoal canister is only needed if you have emissions laws. If you take it out it wont hurt anything.

P4220031.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 4,827
^ Bro mines totally different. Like each and every sensor placement etc. Even the intake mani itself. I can't understand :S

ooo okk!!! and what about the other sensors and hoses ? The nipple at the back of the intake manifold, where does the hose from it go to ?

Pictures will help. I think you are talking about the one that connects to the brake booster. You should google a helms manual. I don't mind helping you out, but a lot of these questions could be answered if you had a manual.who helped you do the swap? Can they not help you out?

^ The guy who swapped is out of town at the moment. Not even sure when he'll be back. Helms manual for B16a4 ? Can you find me one ? I googled it but all i got was b16a2 etc, those are different from mine.

No I can not find one for you. They are all basically the same, or atleast close enough that you should be able figure it out. Like I said I will help a little, but I am not going to hold your hand. Did you look at the vacuum diagram that I posted with the picture of my intake? It is an attachment at the bottom of the post. It is difficult to tell where evrything goes because I can not see everything.

Back