Civic EG B16A4 dilemma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That is fine. I don't know what differences there are between your car and an american car, but I am using my stock d15d7 harness and it works just fine.

You also got a b16 bro ? All EGs are the same btw, just a difference of LHD and RHD :). Your wirings OBD1 ? and the engine too right ?
I think i'll need to change my distributor to OBD1, install OBD1 wiring and use chipped P08 ecu.
What do you think bro ?

Bro I just looked at the Purge Control Solenoid Valve. Whats up with it ? Just saw the hose at the back of the manifold, it should be going to the Purge Control Solenoid Valve. But in my case, its just left as is. Theres a small hose connected to it and then closed from the other end using a screw. In other words, the nipples just closed using it.

That would be the best way. Yes I have a b16a in a 93 civic. I am using an obd2 distributor that I soldered obd1 plugs onto, but otherwise everything else is obd1. The only reason I did that is because I already had the distributor and it was easier to change plugs than buying another distributor. I used the wiring harness that came with the car and everything plugs in without problems. I am not using a purge control solenoid.

Why dont you take a look through my build thread and see if there are some answers there...it is the link in my sig.

^ Going through your thread as we speak :). I must say you've done one hell of a job bro! Good work!!

Bro so lemme get this straight. Your engine was also OBD2 ? Meaning, the alternator, distributor and the ecu were OBD2 ?
You used your stock D15 wiring harness and soldered to the dizzy to fit OBD1 wiring on the OBD2 distributor ? Thats all you did bro ?

The ecu is a chipped p28, so it is obd1. I changed the plugs on the distributor and the alternator so that it would be obd1. All the wires are the same they just have different plugs. The reason I had to do those things is because the car that I got the engine from was a 98 ek coupe, so the guy had modified things to work in his obd2 car. All the plugs from my harness worked with the engine. I did not modify my engine harness at all except for the alternator plug. I modified the plugs that were on the distributor, not the ones on the harness. If you have an obd1 alternator and an obd1 distributor then you will not have to modify those. If they are obd2 then you will, or you will have to get obd1 versions.

Ok heres whats in my car atm.
Engine is OBD2 (distributor, plugs ecu etc)
WIRING is OBD1 converted to OBD2. Also have spare OBD1 wiring lying around.
ALSO have spare D series OBD1 alternator and OBD1 Distributor.

So what are my options now ? I don't wanna buy anything at this point :(

The car runs right now correct? If so just fix cel codes and go from there. Did you reset the ecu like I described earlier? Do this first before we continue. Replace the map sensor on the throttle body and plug it in. Install the intake air temp sensor that you said you ordered. Then do the ecu reset. After this is done recheck for any cel codes. Let me know what happens.

Alright will post back new results in 24 hours. Got hold of new knock sensor aswell. Will replace em all and let you know.

btw my temperature doesn't seem to get to normal levels at times. Even after driving for a kilometre. stays at like 1/4th. What could be it ?

Could be a bad thermostat, or it could just be the cold air intake. Mine never gets above about 2/5' s.

God damn my luck! TOday went to get the knock sensor installed, couldn't get it to come off. Guy didnt have proper tool. Will go again tomorrow. Installed the MAP + IAT though , no difference in terms of driving. Still shitty performance.

You think the o2 sensor alone is causing all this issue ?
What if I just get ecu chipped, delete Knock, IAT and MAP from it ? And can I even do that ?
I won't need to go through all the wiring hassle if I can just get it all deleted from the ECU.

Back