Civic EG B16A4 dilemma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am sure it is a problem, but it is probably not the only problem. You can delete the knock, but not the other two. Get a chipped ecu. Did you reset the computer like I said? There could be any number of problems. Your timing could be off, you might have poor compression, etc. I can only help so much since I am on the other side of the world.

yeah I did reset the ecu. Well the MAP issue and IAT issue i will try to resolve now. Knock ill install tomorrow, if it still fucks with me, ill just convert to OBD1 and delete it altogether.
Can you tell me how you converted your engine to OBD1 bro ?

I was unable to check CEL codes today as I changed my speedometer and for some reason theres no CEL in it at the moment. Will get it sorted together when I go again tomorrow.

Put your original harness back in and hook up everything that you can. If your distributor plugs and alternator plugs do not fit the original harness then take the ones from the harness that does fit and solder them onto the original harness. Or get obd1 distributor and alternator. Get your p08 chipped.

I strongly suggest you find someone that has more knowledge about cars than you do to help you out. If you do not know very much then you will likely mess something up and make things worse.

Do you still have the vacuum leak form not having that nipple on the TB ran to the charcoal canister? Plug the hole with your finger and see if there is suction

O2 reads and adjust fuel/air ratio.....if its not plug in.....you will run rich and not properly.

I forgot about this earlier...Are the fuel injectors obd1 or 2? If they are obd1 then nevermind. If they are obd2 then you will need to use the ones from the d15.

Put your original harness back in and hook up everything that you can. If your distributor plugs and alternator plugs do not fit the original harness then take the ones from the harness that does fit and solder them onto the original harness. Or get obd1 distributor and alternator. Get your p08 chipped.

I strongly suggest you find someone that has more knowledge about cars than you do to help you out. If you do not know very much then you will likely mess something up and make things worse.
Will be doing it soon if this stupid issue doesn't go away.

Do you still have the vacuum leak form not having that nipple on the TB ran to the charcoal canister? Plug the hole with your finger and see if there is suction

O2 reads and adjust fuel/air ratio.....if its not plug in.....you will run rich and not properly.
I believe there is suction still. I have it covered like before using a hose with a screw on the other end.
Also I will still need o2 sensor even after getting the ECU chipped ?

If you get a chipped ecu you will not need another o2. Check to see if the plugs for your fuel injectors are modified. It's important because if you use the d15 harness you will have to use obd1 fuel injectors. Have you been able to check the cel codes to see if you have fixed the two sensor problems?

Last edited:
Checked the CELs earlier today. None of them resolved :( hell i'm getting a new one 04. wtf ? :(

I think it is probably the harness. If you changed the sensors and they still do not work it could be wiring problems.

Im getting the wiring shit sorted now. I just hope the guy can do it this time around. Fuckin waste of my time so far. Ill report back the status bro.
And i wanna thank you for helping me out so far bro, it really means a lot to me :). Thanks a ton bro!

Alright so today got most of the errors to go away. But vtec is STILL not kicking in.
MAP sensor won't go away. Tried 5 different map sensors, not working. Wiring is fine, checked 10 times just today. Guy doing it knows his stuff. Honestly, i'm hopeless now. VTEC JUST WON'T KICK IN!

The vtec solenoid might be bad. Did you check it to see? I am not sure what to say about the map sensor. Here are the pages from the helms manual about how to test the map sensor.
Picture2-1.png
Picture3-1.png
Picture4.png

I forgot to mention swapping MAP sensors gives either a Code 5 or a code 3 :S

Whats up with error 3 and 5 ? Which one do I keep? coz when i switch MAP sensors, either one of these come. So im asking which one is better to work on .....

Back