1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civic Ej1 d16y7 to B18a2 swap questions with pics

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by tigerwing, Mar 29, 2012.

1. tigerwing

tigerwing New Member

Hi everybody,

i just get a b18a2 engine to do a swap to my ej1 that has a d16y7... you maybe asking "why you buy a too old engine?"... well i get it just for 300 bucks the longblock with stock header and intake manifold... so i think is ok to be a project...

[​IMG]

my question here is:

1. What can i do to this engine?

For know i will do a overhaulin', so i will put some high comp pistons, ITR oil and water pump with timing kit gates blue. what do you believe?

2. What tranny i can look?

as i know the best tranny is the ITR tranny that have better final, but here in panama it cost 1600 usd bucks... so i'm looking for a VTi or SI b16a2 or b16a tranny... that has a good gears too... what do you think?

3. What Tranny clutch kit can i buy?

well the engine was automatic, so it comes with the turbine (AT), so i must buy a full clutch kit with flywheel right?, so i'm thinking on buy a XTD complete clutch kit with flywheel 9 lbs... is ok?

4. To Complete the swap, what else i need?

engine mounts?, shift linkage?, what else?
    for know this are my questions, hope you can help...

Thanks,
    Jesús

2. tigerwing

tigerwing New Member

7 views and no post?
    common people... help with my project?

3. GRUVVIES FRINK

GRUVVIES FRINK New Member

4. HiddenNshadows

HiddenNshadows New Member

It all depends on what your trying to do/get out of it. Do you want to rice roast everything u can or do u want ppl to be jelous of your quik but sleek civic.

5. skaraider

skaraider New Member

well your going to need any bseries trans.. gonna need the axles from the 94+integra need shift linkage 94+integra, reat trans mount for 94+ teg, Look for Innovation Motor mount kit swap they sell a good kit, the correct ECU that goes with the block.
    Boost id get a t3 turbo
    no boost i would do a b18c head for the vtech

IMO

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted