Civic ek3 b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stueyd

Hey guys, first post.

I have a 1996 EK3 Hatchback with the d15z6 Motor (sohc vtec 115bhp blah blah blah). Basically this looks like the best place to come for information,

Erm im in the process of purchasing a JDM b16a motor (not sure what its from) with gearbox ecu etc for a conversion.

What problems will i encounter during this and will i require any other parts? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

And yup its the European version, ive seen on a lot of forums people dont know a lot about these engines and some even deny that they even exist lol.

Thanks alot, Stu.

Well I am finishing up the last bit of installing a b16a to my 98. It was pretty straight forward. I recomend labling everything, wiries, vaccume lines, and what not. Youll also need motor mounts for the b, as well as either a SI or Del Sol rad, I am currently getting one, we just ran in to that. Also, just a heads up on the shift linkage, there is something we lovingly call the bitch pin. Get a 1/4 inch punch to get it out. Dont use anything else, and trust me, its called a bitch pin for a reason.

That is about everything I ran in to as far as problems go.ds

Back