civic engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jodibreeze

hello every one,

i'm new to the forum and this is my first post so all information is wanted....even if it seems to be obvious to ya'll. K here it goes!

I've finally decided to invest time and resources into a reliable car. I have decided on getting a honda civic either a 93' 94' or 95'. Now is it better to install a b16 or a b18 (this is my first time so i don't want too many surprises). I'm not going to have the funds to turbo it, so how much better is the 18 vs the 16, and which type model should i get.

thanks in advance
-Jodi

It's quite a bit more complicated than that. There are many different versions of both of those motors. Go to the reference site and check out the engine list for comparisons.

Hey, I would agree with Brutal! Each motor has its advantages and disavatages. Take alook around read some! :)

look into a JDM b16A great for a swap. and they love boost

He said he doesn't have the money to boost. So in that case, I'd buy a b18c1 GSR. It's the fastest b-series next to the b18c5 TYPE R and beats the price by $1,000 for just 15 hp difference.

And if you get that 5th gen civic get a DX model they're 200 pounds lighter than the ex/si's it'll seem faster and be cheaper :D.

Back