civic engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

background info:

hey, i have two 1990 civics. one is a 4 door sedan, LX, with an auto tranny and the other is a DX hatchback with an auto tranny. my DX head is cracked but the tranny is good. my LX engine is good but the tranny is bad.

questions:

1.) can i simply swap the LX motor into my HB?

2.)all i need to do is swap the engines right? or are there other things, i.e ECU... etc?

thanks for the help.

no, just swap it.

however while the engine is out change the timing belt, water pump, plugs, cap, rotor, igniter, coil. check the motor mounts as well, and check into the axles. preventive maintenance prevents shit so do it.

change out that rear main seal and the front oil pump seal as well...sure as hell dont want to do that with them in the car..believe me. there only like 10 bucks a piece

Originally posted by lonelydriver@May 12 2004, 07:28 PM
1.) can i simply swap the LX motor into my HB?

2.)all i need to do is swap the engines right? or are there other things, i.e ECU... etc?

They're the same engine, and they use the same control system. You can just swap over whatever you need.

I would leave the intake manifold on the car and all the sensors and then just swap the engine. Look into doing an mpfi swap while you are rupping everything apart. Its the best thing you can do for the b2

Back