Civic Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estorvito

Soy Boricua
Hey

I just finished my Gsr swap on my 93 civic dx(sedan)..., and this freaking car is moving realy good... But I still want a little more power....

Now....What should i do next.....?
should I go with Nos, Turbo, or supercharger....Or Should I just Upgrade My Internals....... I have about $3300 to spend.....any suggestions?

Thanks

:wtf:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 29 2004, 09:16 AM
what do you use the car for?
[post=409010]Quoted post[/post]​

:D Well THe Car Is Used as for a Daily driver....And No !...IM not worried about MPG... Im just trying to keep it as a Family car, and still have a good engine build up to kill most civics and acura at the Track.....(I guess)

In the summer I Go to the Track about 2 times a week, and Im trying to beef up the engine but still keep the 93 sedan look on it..NO rims , No ground effects No nothing,,,,JUST power.....Sleeper Look..You KNow.....

Now what do You think should be next.....? Again I have a 94 gsr on civic....

Nos
Turbo
Supercharged
Upgrade My Internals....<---:lol:

Thanks

Originally posted by Steeewart@Oct 29 2004, 02:37 PM
in my n00b opinion I'd say upgrade your internals and then turbo it.
[post=409165]Quoted post[/post]​

Now sorry IM a Noo B at This shit tooo..But ahhhhhh
what do you consider, upgrade my internals.....what exactly should be upgraded?
IN order to run about 16 lbs of boost....or 75 shot of nitrous?

fuck nitrous, if you're looking ro run 15-16 psi daily, get forged rods and lower comp. forged pistons. you could run 12 psi daily easily with some good tuning on stock internals, but due to the higher comp. of the b18c, i wouldn't run more than that unless you lower the comp.

Originally posted by projekteg@Oct 29 2004, 03:01 PM
fuck nitrous, if you're looking ro run 15-16 psi daily, get forged rods and lower comp. forged pistons.  you could run 12 psi daily easily with some good tuning on stock internals, but due to the higher comp. of the b18c, i wouldn't run more than that unless you lower the comp.
[post=409178]Quoted post[/post]​

Turbo It Is..
any good websites for INternal Parts and good Complete Turbo setup....How About that Drag 3 Kit? Oops I almost Forgot...Damn It..I need a Clutch too....shit.....any Info On Tranny Build Ups?

anyone...You You You YOu... :D

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 29 2004, 06:04 PM
:unsure:

I think you should squeeze a hundred and fifty shot on the stock internals. :thumbsup:
[post=409279]Quoted post[/post]​

I would do that to your car/.....If Your car handles it than I'll think about doing it on mines.... :fuckyou3:

Piece together a nice custom turbo kit yourself, then bolt it on and tune tune tune. You could easily double your power on stock internals with a well tuned turbo kit.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 29 2004, 09:42 PM
Piece together a nice custom turbo kit yourself, then bolt it on and tune tune tune. You could easily double your power on stock internals with a well tuned turbo kit.
[post=409380]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks Guys...I'll do Just That Then.... :thankyousigna2:

read the pinned article in this forum "very nice complete..." or whatever its called. theres a LOT to setting up a reliable turbo setup. and thats what you want- a daily driver, reliable car.

if you just buy random parts and throw it together, its going to run like a thrown together car.

saying you want to run 16 psi proves that you know little about turbos and turbo charging systems. you have much to leanr- and thats fine- but do a TON of reading before you start dumping money on shit that you either don't need or won't work for you.

I made more power off 11 psi (just under 300 whp) than most people do off of 15 on a drag kit.
how? every turbo is different.
5psi on a large turbo will create about the same cfm as a smaller turbo on say 10 psi (example only). CFM = cubic feet per min of air. Air + fuel + feeding it into your motor makes the power.
PSI, is the amount of PRESSURE measured at the map sensor. CFM makes power. PSI makes you a desktop racer.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 30 2004, 05:54 PM
read the pinned article in this forum "very nice complete..." or whatever its called.  theres a LOT to setting up a reliable turbo setup.  and thats what you want- a daily driver, reliable car.

if you just buy random parts and throw it together, its going to run like a thrown together car.

saying you want to run 16 psi proves that you know little about turbos and turbo charging systems.  you have much to leanr- and thats fine- but do a TON of reading before you start dumping money on shit that you either don't need or won't work for you.

I made more power off 11 psi (just under 300 whp) than most people do off of 15 on a drag kit.
how?  every turbo is different.
5psi on a large turbo will create about the same cfm as a smaller turbo on say 10 psi (example only).  CFM = cubic feet per min of air.  Air + fuel + feeding it into your motor makes the power.
PSI, is the amount of PRESSURE measured at the map sensor.  CFM makes power.  PSI makes you a desktop racer.
[post=409683]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry pissed****sol...I've been around turbos for a long time...But not Hondas..This Is my 2nd year building Hondas....I'm also building a mitsubishi eclipse Monster..... Im turning the whole engine sideways and making it rear wheel drive....as a matter a fact thats the turbo setup im going with on my honda is a (stock eclipse turbo) and I'll be using a Garrett GT Ball Bearing Turbo from Modacar for our eclipse. and custom make my own pipes.....I will be also making my own manifold....So far I've had no problems with my Turbo manifolds.....Last Year I was pushing 16 lbs of boost on my stock internals on our mitsubishi with no problems,,.... Hopefully everything comes out good......as for the tranny..! well Thats a secret....But yeah......Its getting there.....
Here are somepics.......+ a sneek peek @ my new turbo setup for my honda......and yes...I do want to push 16lbs on my honda....Trust me ....I've done it before....It will be done again.... and on the eclipse i will be pushing at least 25lbs of boost with 100shot of nos.......and Yes Its been done before.... I'm good at it......

Picture082.jpg

Picture116.jpg

:p

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Oct 30 2004, 07:56 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Oct 30 2004, 04:54 PM
PSI makes you a desktop racer.
[post=409683]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo:

You crack me up Brian....
[post=409703]Quoted post[/post]​

You crack me up .......Your cars are all been stolen.....I wonder why.... :whatafucktard: anyways...I hate thieves......f**k them all.... :g:

Oh and did I mention a Mitsubishi conquest on its way, a suzuki samurai w/rotary engine and a susuki swift w/LG.....Only 50 shot but it moves....<---secret pistons..... the ......HHhmmmmm....Right after Im done with the eclipse.......But I still like my honda as a daily (sleeper) driver...You know a family car....Got to love honda baby..... I do This For a living......

Picture220.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back