Civic Hatch Need Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTEC DOHC

hi all
i have 92 - 95 hatch.
and i am loking for 12s in 1/4.
i dont know witch way to go and what is the pest engine to swap it in!!?
is it the b18c?? or h22... or can i get it with just the b16??
please any info will be value to me.
note iam willing to use turbo kit, but dont know what is the max poost i can have
with each engine and max hp as well.

soory for my bad lang since i am from the middle east.

Moved to correct forum.. Read the titles, please. Brian even was kind enough to break down the years, not jsut the chassis codes, so READ IT already.

<_<

You can get into the 12's with any honda motor. It just depends on how much money you wanna spend. The cheapest route would probably be B18B with a home made turbo (around 2000-2500). You could get a GSR and have a vtec boost setup (around 4000-4500). Here is where the huge debate comes in. Would it be wiser to have a $4500 boosted GSR or have a $2500 boosted LS w/ an extra $2000 to put into it since I didn't go for the GSR? Since I have seen many guys run 10's and 11's all day on daily driven LS/T setups, I say B18B + Turbo.

turbocharging any 1.8 DOHC motors is a good option, the H22 can be bored out to 2.4 and still run a pretty fast. if you're going daily driven, look into the B-series motor, but if you want to stick with the h22, get some bomb ass suspension. it's all about combination, running NA, Turbo, SC, or Nitrous can boost you to the 12's with proper applications.

I have also seen B18B's with turbo's run really nice times, the motor has a lower CR which means you can push it a little more than your standard honda have 10+CR's. I would go with a LS with a good turbo setup. If you like all motor I would recommend a jdmR motor with bolt on's and slicks and 12's is easy to hit with a stock longblock. Good Luck

Just remember that if a turbo is done right then it is very rewarding but I have seen a lot of peeps "not knowing what to do" turbo their rides and the car just isn't the same anymore, boost spikes, detonation, the constant wallet sucker, more frequent oil changes, this that, just be aware that it's just not swapping in a B series and buying a turbo kit and you have 11/12 seconds on your plate. Just do research and do it right from the beginning and please learn from others mistakes. sorry if I scared you from Turbo but NA has drawbacks also.

Milan

Swap the GSR engine in a hatch is cool...I seen my friend 92 hatch swap GSR engine and get 13's strait from the line...that nice haaa...maybe he got good tuner and good controlling on his transmission....

Back