Civic Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

petxion6

Hey, I don't know what I'm doing at all so can you guys give me some tips on how to power up my civic dx for now until i get a new motor. What do I have to do? I would like detailed explanations. These new words I've never heard of. What is mphi or something life that? thanks a lot

just save your money until you get a new motor. there is no sense in trying to build the one you have when you are going to change it anyways..

but you could always get an exhaust system or an intake , as both of those will most likely be the same for the new and old motor

I agree with pills_PMD cuz you'll waste a good grand on your car and you'll gain a total of like 10hp at the wheels.
The exhaust is definately something you can keep for the new motor but the intake might cause an issue because the throttle body(TB) position is different on a DX motor when compared to an EX or B-series motor. The DX TB points up but the TB on a EX and B-series motor points to the fender of the passenger side, does that make sense?
So I say don't even bother buying an intake cuz you won't be able to use it on the new motor unless you find one for like $50 and you can turn around and sell it again for about $40-50 when you get your swap.

My suggestion would be to get a cheap dry nitrous(n2o) kit and have fun with your motor while you have it. Who cares if you blow it cuz you're getting a new one anyway. Don't go more than a 50-shot of n2o or you will definately increase you're chances of destroying your motor.

MPFI - Multi-Port Fuel Infection

hahaha....i'm a bad typer......MPFI - Multi-Port Fuel Injection

Back