Civic Hatchbacks, What Should I Do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Scorchin Civic

Going to be getting me a 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback with only 80,000 miles today. As some of you people know I already own a 1992 VX Hatchback with a B20B and Si tranny in it. I was wanting to see what some of you people thought about what I should do with my 92 VX. Should I sell it with the motor and tranny in it and use the money to buy a new motor and tranny for the 93 DX? Or should I try to put the 92 VX back in stock condition, sell it, and then put the B20B and Si tranny in my 93 DX.

to be honest, if you can afford it, sell the 92, take the cash and use it to put a nice motor in there, maybe a gsr or something along those lines that has good power and is easy to swap and be done with it. then use the extra cash to fix up the rest of the car. just an idea, good luck bro. when you get it, get some pics if you can.

It really depends on the condition of both hatches and how much that new hatch is gonna run ya. But yeah, like eg6sir said the hatch you have now is lighter than the one your looking at, but that might not even matter depending on what you are gonna to do with this car. I guess my ?'s would be, how much is the new hatch and what would be the plans for it?

The new one is going to cost me $1800 and this car looks brand new. It was garage keep and well maintained. My old one no where close to how good a condition the DX is. What I thought would be my best bet would be to pull my B20B and B16 tranny from the VX and replace it with the stock motor. Basically do what I can to turn the VX in stock condition and then sell it. After that decide on what I want to put in the DX because I also have a B16A in my garage too. So I will see as things progress.

Quoted post[/post]]
drop the b16 in the DX and throw a GSR tranny on it and sell the VX w/ B20
I was thinking about finding me a B20Z and the B16 tranny because I have a head that I will have put to gather soon that is port and polished, three angle valve job, and Crower dual springs and retainers. What I been working with is an all motor nonVtec set.

there are so many options availible to you, it really depends on you bud. you already got people who want your vx, plus the dx isn't that bad as far as weight, but still has some extra lovin, but if you throw the b16 in there, you won't notice that big of a difference anyways.

What I would do is drop the b16 into your current hatch and find an ls tranny, or keep the b16 tranny in the old car,sell it like that, and swap the b20 and a new tranny into your new car.

You could get about 3000 for the old hatch with that combo listed above and use that to get the new tranny along with some other goodies.

do you guys not read? he doesnt have a b16, he has a B20B with a 99-00 si b16 transmission.

i say keep both, its always good to have a daily driver or car that can be driven while the other is down.

ultimately, i say GSR and boost.

keep the DX stock...perfect DD.

Build a b20Vtec with the b16 trans.

Well, thanks everyone for your input on this subject however, I think the higher powers have decided for me. Wednesday was a sad day for me since now the VX is totaled. I got hit on the passenger side and it's beyond repair so now I will be taking everything out of it. Shit sucks but you never know what will happen from day to day. I am just glad I didn't have anyone in the passenger seat because they might not would have made it through it.

hey J take a pic and post it or email it to me, I don't really feel like driving out to irving to see the fatality. Let me know when you want me to swap the motors out. Of course you know I'm off on weekends now.

Back