Civic HB Si 15" Wheels For 89 CRX DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cuttee

I just got a set of 4 each 2002 Honda Civic HB Si for my 89 CRX DX. I checked the Bolt Pattern (4x100), Hub (56.1) and Offset (+45) They are all the same; however, when I mounted to my CRX the front left vibrates when turning or going through rough spots on the road
I am new so I would appreciate all the help I can get. Does anyone know if I need to do something else before I mount the wheels - like adding centering etc... My mechanic thinks the tire were uneven but if it is the tire then why I don't get the vibration when go straight?
Thank you for your help

Well, are they balanced? I had all kinds of wierd problems when one of my weights came off of a front wheel. Caused pulling to the left (it was the left wheel) and made it feel like the rotors were warped.

If they are balanced, I'd check to ensure the others don't do it too. Swap the front left to the rear. See if the problem goes away, or just moves.

Check the torque on the wheels to start and make sure they aren't loose. Then I would have them all balanced and make sure you don't have a bent wheel. That should most likely fix the problem.

It worked now. Thank you all for replying. My password somehow messed up and I couldn't get in last whole week. I took my car to California Wheels in San Jose, CA and the guys there figured out the problem. The first mechanic didn't pay attention when he installed the front left wheel. The hub was damage and the wheel wasn't fixed properly so it wasn't tighten properly. Norcalgsr was right. The wheel was loosen and the mechanic at California Wheels know exactly what was going on when they first saw it. I originally took the car there to add the wheel spacers thinking the problem cause by the wheel hitting the front steering linkages. Once they shaved the smashed hub surround, the wheel was fixed perfectly, no spacers required. California Wheels rocks. I strongly recommend this shop if you guy need wheels. The owner is very nice and the crews are very nice too

I thought that was the problem :D Glad you got it fixed before the wheel worked itself loose and fell off!

Back