1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

civic hx need help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by sundevil82, Nov 20, 2003.

1. sundevil82

sundevil82 Junior Member

I have a 2000 civic hx. i have the basic mods like intake, header, exhaust, and cam gears. should i keep my same engine and keep on adding on to it or should i get a engine swap? if i should get a swap what would be the best engine? and what is the best engine for the money?

2. mellowboy

mellowboy Senior Member

I would just swap it in. Go 1.8 (gsr or type r) . If you want all motor then i'd suggest you get then those choices i gave you are the best choice cause of torque. Gsr is good for turbo also and type r well....u can turbo that but you need to find yourself some bad ass tuner ;) If anything you can go b16 and work from there. LS is another good choice and popular for people whos boosting. It really depends on what you want. All motor- gsr or type r. You'll need that torque to get your car moving. Turbro- gsr, Ls or b16 and b20.

3. cointelpro

cointelpro Senior Member

i bet if you post this in the right forum you would get alot more feedback. this is for 91 and older civics. :moved:

4. wngfn05

wngfn05 Junior Member

yo dude i got a 96 civic hx, what kinda power you lookin for?? thats the biggest question to ask yourself. how much power and do you want it to be a daily driver. i HIGHLY dont recommend the gsr or type-r. the b18c5 will run u 4500 plus just for the engine and tranny. if you know how to install your own engines ur lookin at savn urself 500-1200 depending on the engine. my recommendation would be just turbo ur hx, you can get 200whp+ out of it and save your money until it blows up :) then go w/ an ex or b16 and slap the tubro on those. i believe engine swaps are overrated considering a turbo will put more power just less reliability, but you put a boosted sohc against an b16, or b18c1 all motor...the turbo will win outright, i have seen sohc turbod times from 13.6-14.7 on 6-10 psi with basic bolt ons. any more questions hit me up....

5. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

yeah you see the part on where he said best for the money. well i dont think going through engines like that would be cost affective. get a b16 or a ls you could get them fairly cheap and it would be fun and reliable.

6. sundevil82

sundevil82 Junior Member

what engine code does the ls have or is it just ls? and what year of civic or honda car did it come out of?

7. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

b18a/b1, its the best bet for turbo, and I've said this like 10 times already it can be transformed into an lsvtec turbo. Lsvtec turbo is just plain QUICK.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted