civic hx need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sundevil82

I have a 2000 civic hx. i have the basic mods like intake, header, exhaust, and cam gears. should i keep my same engine and keep on adding on to it or should i get a engine swap? if i should get a swap what would be the best engine? and what is the best engine for the money?

I would just swap it in. Go 1.8 (gsr or type r) . If you want all motor then i'd suggest you get then those choices i gave you are the best choice cause of torque. Gsr is good for turbo also and type r well....u can turbo that but you need to find yourself some bad ass tuner ;) If anything you can go b16 and work from there. LS is another good choice and popular for people whos boosting. It really depends on what you want. All motor- gsr or type r. You'll need that torque to get your car moving. Turbro- gsr, Ls or b16 and b20.

yo dude i got a 96 civic hx, what kinda power you lookin for?? thats the biggest question to ask yourself. how much power and do you want it to be a daily driver. i HIGHLY dont recommend the gsr or type-r. the b18c5 will run u 4500 plus just for the engine and tranny. if you know how to install your own engines ur lookin at savn urself 500-1200 depending on the engine. my recommendation would be just turbo ur hx, you can get 200whp+ out of it and save your money until it blows up :) then go w/ an ex or b16 and slap the tubro on those. i believe engine swaps are overrated considering a turbo will put more power just less reliability, but you put a boosted sohc against an b16, or b18c1 all motor...the turbo will win outright, i have seen sohc turbod times from 13.6-14.7 on 6-10 psi with basic bolt ons. any more questions hit me up....

yeah you see the part on where he said best for the money. well i dont think going through engines like that would be cost affective. get a b16 or a ls you could get them fairly cheap and it would be fun and reliable.

b18a/b1, its the best bet for turbo, and I've said this like 10 times already it can be transformed into an lsvtec turbo. Lsvtec turbo is just plain QUICK.

Back