Civic Hx Rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietec

I would like to hear everyone's opinion on the Civic 14' hx rims. I am wondering if they are worth getting, i am looking for a set of rims that is strong, reliable, light, better handling, good for racing. i am rolling on stock steel rims rite now on my dx civic, i wanna know if the hx rims are worth buying? thanks

lots of people love the HX rims
good choice if you get a nice price on them
be careful what size tires you run with them ... you dont want too much sidewall

yes, you can paint them what ever color you want if you dont like the stock look and i think they are made by spoon also

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jun 5 2003, 04:19 AM
i think they are made by spoon also

:huh:
im almost positive they are made by enkei like most of their other rims

come to think of it spoon doesnt even make their own rims .... they definatly dont make rims for honda

HX wheels are made by Enkei.

I have a set on my CRX, and they're awesome. The light weight is pretty cool too- considering how often I have to haul them off the car.

you guys told me that would fit on GSR but they don't.....the rim hits the caliber.......so yeah.....im sorrie....

Yup. They have problems clearing the 10.2/10.3 (whatever it is) front rotor/caliper setup. Most people just grind some material off the calipers to make them fit without hitting the wheels.

I have a set of 13" hx wheels I'm about to sell on ebay, if you're interested make me an offer. They have good tires on them too.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jun 5 2003, 04:18 PM
I have a set of 13" hx wheels I'm about to sell on ebay, if you're interested make me an offer. They have good tires on them too.

FYI- the HX only came with 14 inch wheels... the 13 inch versions of the same wheel are what came on the VX

VX = 13 inch
HX = 14 inch

Originally posted by Calesta+Jun 5 2003, 05:58 PM-->
@Jun 5 2003, 04:18 PM

FYI- the HX only came with 14 inch wheels... the 13 inch versions of the same wheel are what came on the VX

VX = 13 inch
HX = 14 inch

and to add to that,
vx wheels = 9lbs
hx wheels = 11 lbs.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jun 5 2003, 03:19 AM
yes, you can paint them what ever color you want if you dont like the stock look and i think they are made by spoon also

i said i think, i thought they were made by some decent manufacturer just the wrong one.

So what do you guys really think about the HX rim compare to 2000 civic SI rim or 1994 - 2000 GSR rims. Comparing the strength, handling, etc...... where does the HX rim stand comparing to those. Or should i put the SI rims on my civic hb, thanks

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Jun 6 2003, 01:31 AM-->
Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jun 5 2003, 03:19 AM

i said i think, i thought they were made by some decent manufacturer just the wrong one.

That's cool. Just remember the manufacturer for next time. Nobody's trying to beat on you- we just want the right information to be out there.

;)

vietec
@Jun 6 2003, 05:12 PM
So what do you guys really think about the HX rim compare to 2000 civic SI rim or 1994 - 2000 GSR rims. Comparing the strength, handling, etc...... where does the HX rim stand comparing to those. Or should i put the SI rims on my civic hb, thanks

Strength? Who knows. They're all OEM rims, and OEM wheels have to stand up to quite a bit of abuse by the every day driver. Normal car owners don't exactly baby their wheels. That's why I like running Honda OEM wheels on the street. They may be a little heavy, but they can handle the abuse. Unless you want to take each wheel and perform destructive testing in a lab, you're really not going to find out how strong each one is relative to the other wheels.

The 2000 Si wheels are about 15-16 pounds, as are all the 94-2000 GSR wheels. The HX wheels are only 11 pounds (give or take a few tenths), so it's significantly lighter. Handling as a result of wheel choice depends completely on the mass of the wheel and the diameter. Larger wheels will let you run a tire with less sidewall (for your correct diameter tire), so you'll have more responsive handling. A lighter wheel will also let your suspension work better by not having as much weight for your shocks/springs/sways to control. Smaller diameter wheels will have less rotational inertia than larger wheels of the same weight, so take that into consideration too. More rotational inertia = slower acceleration.

Got it or are you confused by this?

hx wheels :thumbup:

as you can tell...i'm a huge fan of hx and vx wheels...they are my daily drivers...my volk ce28n's are simply used on auto-x days.

s3ec6e4fd04e2c.jpg

s3ec420530eac5.jpg

s3ec420c794ee1.jpg

s3ec42077b98d7.jpg

s3ec4206d0c35f.jpg

volks simply don't look as good :thumbdown:

s3ede8e595091d.jpg

vx wheels on a friends car :thumbup:

s3e62e71add9e6.jpg

how much is good to pay for a set of hx rims? i got a 90 crx dx with 88-89 crx si rims. anybody know how much they weigh?

i got my first set of hx rims after i traded with some girl here on campus...i had enkei rs5's...and they were like 600...

sold that set of hx rims with falken azeni's for 250 + vx rims with brand new avs intermediates...which i sold for 250.

so in essence i got my first set of hx rims for 600 (i knew i was giving up enkei's...i hated them)

and sold them for 500, plus traded the center caps for a gauge cluster, which i sold for 100...so i ended up breaking even basically.

with the second set...currently on my car, two brand new es100 yokohama's...and two 50% treadlife avs intermediate's i paid 275.00, which i thought was an excellent deal.

here is how i look at it...

with shitty tires, hx rims are worth between 200-250....with good tires up to 350.

vx rims are worth between 75-150 without tires...250 at most with good tires.

(i've even gotten a set of gunmetal vx rims for 50.00, which i sold for 150 later that day, and they were later sold for 260 the following day...)

hope this helps...

and hx rims weigh between 11.5-12.0 lbs.

HX rims look damn nice on the hatch, and maybe some ricer took em off for 18 inch Konig's or something, and put them on ebay. I would rock em if I needed winter wheels (Florida owns the North)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back