Civic - Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lewis50

I would like to know if I can put a 1.8 acura engine in a Civic 96 CX

Yes you can,you need the motor,tranny,axles,mounts and ECU from the B18B1 (Acura 1.8,unless you mean GSR then it is a B18C1).Get a 96+ so you don't have to mess with OBD wiring issues.

:withstupid:

there are 3 different 1.8 engines available in the integra they all have very different prices what one do you want?

hey dude im doing almost the same swap right now,

my suggestion is to make sure you have everything u need to finish the swap before you start it,

im doing a 1997 b18b into my 1998 civic cx

make sure you have the axles tranny motor(DUH) ecu radiator shift linkage distributor starter alternator and all the mounts!!!

o yea and the rear mount and the drivers side mount wont work out easily, you will need to find sir mounts for that, but all the other mountws work out fine.

and makes sure you have the ENTIRE wiring harness, so you dnt have any headaches later, the one on ur cx will be all one piece into ur car wher the ecu is, and the integra b18b will be in 2 different parts and it will seperate in the engine bay, and part of it will go into ur fuse box, so get the integra one also.

i baught my b18b complete swap for $1900 canadian after taxes

Originally posted by aznhottiekj@Apr 7 2003, 10:48 PM
you will need to find sir mounts for that, but all the other mountws work out fine.

Your in Canada right?For our viewers in the states the siR mounts would be the 99-00 SI.

I want the RS Type And i would like to know everything about swap(I mean what it required)

Originally posted by preluderjs+Apr 9 2003, 12:41 AM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 7 2003, 05:21 PM
preluderjs
@Apr 7 2003, 11:12 PM
GSR (B18c) or Type R (B18c5 / spec R)?  Which one are you talking about?

RS B18B1.

Just for personal knowledge, but where is the B18b known as the RS Type? I'm going to assume Canada here....

Integra LS = Integra GS = Integra RS when it comes to the engine.... they're all the same B18B.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 9 2003, 02:49 AM
Integra LS = Integra GS = Integra RS when it comes to the engine.... they're all the same B18B.

one more- the SE

SE, LS, GS, and RS from 94-01 all have the b18b1 in them, and they are the exact same motor

Haha, damn, I forgot those models (GS, RS, SE) even existed since I've been around here and seeing it always called the LS. :D

Back